Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT7 to NT8 Round Numbers Indicator Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 to NT8 Round Numbers Indicator Conversion

Hello,

I am trying to convert the NT7 round numbers indicator to NT8. However, I have little to no coding experience. Is there anyone that could possibly give me some guidance. Thank you for your time.
    Attached Files

Hello gregorious13,

Thanks for your post.

When converting scripts, my advice is to start by creating as much of the script as possible in NinjaTrader 8 using the Indicator Builder. To create a NinjaScript indicator, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, select the '+' tab at the bottom of the Editor window, select 'New Indicator'. Then, you could set up as much of the indicator as possible in the Indicator Builder. This will create the framework of the indicator or strategy.

Then copy all code from the NinjaTrader 7 scripts OnBarUpdate to the OnBarUpdate of the NinjaTrader 8 script. This will introduce errors that will need to be resolved.

Below I am including a link to a list of the code-breaking changes from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The help guide will be the best way to see how things have changed from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8.​

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

Something to keep in mind is public override void Plot() in the script you shared is now OnRender() in NinjaTrader 8, you can find information at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/onrender.htm​​

Note that the script you shared does use some unsupported code which would go outside the support we would be able to provide you with in the Support department at NinjaTrader.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.

This forum thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Massinisa  
    Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes