Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange display when scrolling using Swing indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange display when scrolling using Swing indicator

I'm getting strange movement on the Swing indicator when I scroll through the chart. It should always show a peak or valley like in the top image.

But when I scroll, sometimes all the lines move away from the correct spot. They all move in the same direction. See the 2nd image below. It's the same price area but scrolled a little bit.

I haven't made any changes to the Swing code.. My properties are at the bottom.

What am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1282731

Views:	54
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1282732
    settings

Views:	47
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1282733

Hello cre8able,

Thank you for your post.

I see you also have a "Fractals" indicator applied. Is this an indicator you developed or one that was imported from a third party?

Let's try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is caused by a 3rd-party add-on or is isolated to your Workspace using the steps below. Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies (3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
    • Getting instrument updates from the server
    To open the platform in Safe Mode:
    • Go to the Windows Start Menu
    • Search for NinjaTrader > select 'NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)'
    • Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode, you may manually connect to your Data Provider from the Connections dropdown

Once you are connected, open a new chart with no custom bar types, indicators, or templates and test for issues. Add only the Swing indicator and scroll across the chart. Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?

If not, please try opening your previous workspace from the Control Center > Workspaces dropdown. It may already appear as open. Hit 'close' and do not save, then re-open it again for your windows to appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are available in Safe Mode. Does the behavior return to your regular Workspace in Safe Mode when you scroll on the chart?

If not, restart NinjaTrader normally, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If the issue returns, we suggest rebuilding your workspace. Keep track of each add-on you implement to identify the cause of the behavior should it return. If the issue does not resurface, it confirms the error was isolated only to your other Workspace.

We also suggest backing up your workspace (Tools > Export > Backup) so you may restore a working version if the issue returns. Additional information about backups may be read here in our Help Center.

Please let us know the results of this test. We look forward to your response.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I deleted the chart
      Added a new blank chart
      Added the same indicators
      Everything's working fine now
      Weird

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post