Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

3rd Party Indicator not present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Party Indicator not present

I probably did something incorrectly; however, I followed the instructions here: ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?using_3rd_party_indi cators.htm. The dll file for the indicator is already in the References.

When I try to find the indicator​, it's not visible in the list.

I know it's present as I can use it on a chart. I want to create a strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.

Am I missing something simple?

Hello Juggernaut_Trades,

Thank you for your post.

As mentioned on the Using 3rd Party Indicators page, "Note: It is important to understand the functionality provided or NOT provided in a 3rd party proprietary indicator. Just because they provide an indicator that displays a bullish or bearish trend on a chart does NOT mean that you can access this trend state from their indicator. It is up to the developer of the indicator to determine what information is accessible."

Based on your description, since the indicator is not showing in the NinjaScript Editor the source code is not available the indicator was likely imported as a compiled assembly. You may be able to check if you may call the indicator via a method, the same as you would try one of the system indicator methods:

For example, in the script you could type the indicator name with an open parenthesis ( then see if the Intelliprompt displays any information about the indicator method signature for that custom indicator:

If you have additional questions about the ability to access the custom indicator through other scripts, please reach out to the developer of the indicator directly.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you very much. I have found what i need.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Option Whisperer  
      Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby