Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

CustomHorizontalLinesSpace Addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CustomHorizontalLinesSpace Addon

Hello

I do not know if this is the right forum to this question, but it is not possible to reply in UserApp Submission one.

Anyone knows how to make this addon work? I have installed and it does not appear in my indicator list.

Thanks in advanced

Hello Rosario,

Thanks for your post.

When testing the AddOn on my end I also do not see the indicator noted on the User App Share page listed in the Chart > Indicators list.

I suggest reaching out to the developer of the AddOn directly to get information about how to use this script in NinjaTrader.

You could find the developer of the script (PaulMohn) noted on the User App Share page you shared a link to.

This forum thread will also be open for other community members to share their insights on the topic.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Rosario View Post
      Hello

I do not know if this is the right forum to this question, but it is not possible to reply in UserApp Submission one.

Anyone knows how to make this addon work? I have installed and it does not appear in my indicator list.

Thanks in advanced
      Hi,

SharpDXHelperExample should be listed instead of _CustomHorizontalLinesSpace from the chart indicators menu.

NinjaTrader_BrandonH what's the way to rename the chart menu indicator name to _CustomHorizontalLinesSpace?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMohn View Post

Hi,

SharpDXHelperExample should be listed instead of _CustomHorizontalLinesSpace from the chart indicators menu.

https://i0.wp.com/ninjatraderecosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CustomHorizontalLinesSpace.jpg?resize=2535%2C1030& ssl=1

NinjaTrader_BrandonH what's the way to rename the chart menu indicator name to _CustomHorizontalLinesSpace?
        Hi Paul,

I added this add on using the import feature, got the following warning. Selected yes, restarted. No indicators under _CustomHorizontalLinesSpace or SharpDXHelperExample

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	48
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1293998

Views:	46
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1293999
        ​​

Comment

Originally posted by rickesh View Post

Hi Paul,

I added this add on using the import feature, got the following warning. Selected yes, restarted. No indicators under _CustomHorizontalLinesSpace or SharpDXHelperExample

Views:	48
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1293998

Views:	46
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1293999
          ​​
          Do you have any Log tab error showing on Control Center > Log tab?
          If yes please post a screenshot or copy the error message.
          That will help for a potential update.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello PaulMohn,

Thanks for your notes.

A NinjaScript indicator will display in the Indicators window based on the 'Name' property you set in OnStateChange() State.Defaults.

If you want the indicator's name in the Indicator window to be 'CustomHorizontalLinesSpace' you could set Name = "CustomHorizontalLinesSpace"; in OnStateChange() when the State == State.Default.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
              Hello PaulMohn,

Thanks for your notes.

A NinjaScript indicator will display in the Indicators window based on the 'Name' property you set in OnStateChange() State.Defaults.

If you want the indicator's name in the Indicator window to be 'CustomHorizontalLinesSpace' you could set Name = "CustomHorizontalLinesSpace"; in OnStateChange() when the State == State.Default.
              Is that the case with an indicator inside an addon?

Comment

Hello PaulMohn,

Thanks for your notes.

The file name of an indicator file should be set to the same name that you are using for the 'Name' property in State.SetDefaults().

For example, the indicator file name should be "CustomHorizontalLinesSpace" and the Name property in State.SetDefaults() should also be set to "CustomHorizontalLinesSpace".

This is the best practice so that there is no confusion between the file name of the indicator and the "Name" property which determines the name the indicator displays with.

If the indicator is called SharpDXHelper, you should rename the file to "CustomHorizontalLinesSpace" and make sure the "Name" property is set to the same name as the indicator file.

Comment

This explained the needed solution (including the related indicator in the addon export):

The attached .zip should work. I'll update the User Apps share version too.

rickesh
                  Rosario

thanks for the heads ups.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMohn View Post
                    This explained the needed solution (including the related indicator in the addon export):

The attached .zip should work. I'll update the User Apps share version too.

rickesh
                    Rosario

thanks for the heads ups.
                    Works perfectly, thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post lightsun47