Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

PreMarket High/Low plot across RTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PreMarket High/Low plot across RTH

Hello, I need the ETH High and Low levels to plot during regular trading hours, im using repeater from the ecosystem but is a drawing and cant attach orders to it. I made a custom hours template, I need to modify PriorDarOHLC to take that custom hours template as a prior day and plot the levels, or CurrentDayOHLC to plot the lines to end of session. I attach and image of what I need, 1st one is prior day indicator, 2nd current day indicator, both with custom hour template
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dj0ntz; 11-30-2023, 11:29 AM.

Hello dj0ntz,

The easiest way would be to add a hidden series with a different Trading Hours template and use this as the input series for the indicator.

Below is a link to a video.
    Get started with the NinjaTrader software for FREE: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStartedThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data s...

Are you just needing this on a chart, or do you need to call the values from a NinjaScript Strategy?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thats exaclty what is shown on the attach image, i need to calculate the premarket lvls. CurrentDayOHLC won't plot to end of session, and PriorDay needs to be modified to take that template as prior day

Comment

Hello dj0ntz,

I'm not clear on the issue and I'm not clear on what is being shown in the screenshot.

You can use a hidden data series with any trading hours to show an indicator plotted over those hours.

If you want the CurrentDayOHL or PriorDayOHLC to use ETH hours, use that as the trading hours template as the data series for the input series.
        If you want the CurrentDayOHL or PriorDayOHLC to use RTH hours, use that as the trading hours template as the data series for the input series.

Comment

I was using those indicators as an example to be modified, I need the Premarket High and Low as a plot extended to the end of the session, as I said before, using CurrentDayOHL with a custom template is not working
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello dj0ntz,

What are you referring to as the premarket high?

You are saying you want the hours to end before the start of the session and then after the session closes?

Basically the ETH hours with the RTH hours subtracted out?

Comment

is this a joke? premarket high and low is exactly that... premarket high and low.. you can call it overnight/extended hours/premarket high and low, i don't know how to make it more clear than that and the pictures I've already show..., I don't understand what you're saying about the hours, I just need 2 lines for every trading day, 1 for high, 1 for low.... I attach again another picture showing what i need

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla 2023-11-30 193246.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	1280107

Comment

Hello dj0ntz,

You want to save the high between one set of hours to a variable and draw a line at the price saved to that variable during a different set of hours is this correct?

Comment

yes, i don't know how many times I need to explain it, it's pretty clear and it's a popular "indicator" and there's a lot of threads here about it, I need a indicator that draws the "Premarket/Overnight/Extended Hours" (or whatever you call the hours before the opening bell) High and Low, just like the PriorDayOHLC indicator, but instead of Prior Day, i need the Pre Market. Please if you still don't understand what I am asking please refer this thread to another mod, I can't keep explaining 20 times a simple concept like PreMarket High and Low

Comment

Hello dj0ntz,

Use a SessionIterator to get the bar number of the start of the extended hours and the bar number of the end of the extended hours and supply this as the period (end minus start) and barsAgo index (currentbar minus end bar) with the MAX() indicator and save this to a variable.

Assign this variable's value to a plot in the regular trading hours.
                    I'm trying to expose my variables to the strategy builder so everyone can have better use of the WaveTrend indicator (it has a lot of code). Explain this to me like I am 5 because this isnt the first time I've tried to figure it out and hit a wall. What is Series? I know its like an array that stores bars. Why not just call it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Bidder
                    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                    4 responses