Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Control the scroll characteristics of the NinjaScript Output panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control the scroll characteristics of the NinjaScript Output panels

I am sending information from a custom indicator to the "Output 1" panel. After sending a new line of information, I would like for the panel to scroll automatically (without human interaction) to the bottom of the panel. Is there a means of doing this inside my indicator, or can the properties of the panel be manipulated where the last input line is immediately visible without manually dragging the scroll bar?

I might be able to use the “Find” feature of the panels, in conjunction with using a time stamp. How would I communicate (using my indicator) with the “Find” feature of the panel if I used the last timestamp as my “Find” criteria?

Hello goodknight777,

Thank you for your post.

In previous versions, what you have described where the NinjaScript Output window automatically scrolls to the bottom with each new line of information was the default behavior. Since the update to version 8.1.2.0, this is no longer the behavior and this has been reported to the development team via tracking ID NT-10921 to be updated in a future version of NinjaTrader. When an update has been implemented to have the window scroll with new prints, the ID number will appear in the release notes:

This has also been discussed in another thread here:
    Using Desktop NT 8.1.2.0, Output tabs now do not scroll as they did in earlier versions. Instead of the content always being added above the current last line and scrolling the previous content up (and off screen), the added content in 8.1.2.0 ignores the current line and adds below it, continuing off screen BELOW the content

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes