Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backporting to Ninja 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backporting to Ninja 7

Hi,

I know the question may sound a little bit weird but as I know a person who would like to try one indicator that I am developing on Ninja 7 (he still uses Ninja 7 and is not willing to move to Ninja 8)
    I would like to know:
    1. Is still available Ninja 7 for download?
    2. Can I run ninja 7 and ninja 8 simoultaneously?
    3. An indicator developed for Ninja 8 will work the same on Ninja 7? Do I have to re-write it from scratch (currently I override the onStateChange, onMarketData and onRender methods)?
    Thank you in advance!

Hello VFI26,

Thank you for your post..

To address your first question, NinjaTrader 7 can be downloaded from the link below. You will need to log into the NinjaTrader Account dashboard to access this link. NinjaTrader 7 will be listed under "Previous Versions"

NinjaTrader 7 Download

If you do not have a NinjaTrader Dashboard user you can use the link below to create one.

How to create a NinjaTrader Dashboard User?

Please note: New customers as of March 3rd, 2023 will be unable to connect NinjaTrader 7 to their NinjaTrader Brokerage account.

Regarding your second question, yes NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 may both be run simultaneously.

As for the third question, You will not need to re-write the code completely from scratch, but the scripts are not reverse compatible. A conversion of some items will be required. We have a forum post about converting from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8 and the concept of reverting back to 7 is similar. You may generate the script in NinjaTrader 7 via the wizard with as many elements (plots, series, variables, etc) as possible, then copy/paste the relevant code from the NinjaTrader 8 version and resolve errors along the way. The post about converting from 7 to 8 may be found here:You should keep the code-breaking changes in mind so you know what items are available in NinjaTrader 8 and what their counterparts may be in NinjaTrader 7, and the NinjaTrader 7 help guide will also likely be useful for looking up more information about certain items:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Balage0922  
    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes