Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stochastic and MACD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stochastic and MACD

Hey folks, I have two questions on indicators I use with TOS but since I am trying to move over to Ninja fully, I need them redone in a certain way. If any of you would be helpful, I am more than willing to compensate for the work.

First one is Stochastics: I have no idea why (maybe because there is no option to select the smoothing moving average on Ninja) but identical setups (say 21,3,3) will output different values for K and D on TOS and Ninja. I use the TOS values extensively, but Ninja's are different and throw me off. So, can this be redone and verified values are the same?

Second one is MACD: all I need here is to have a one color when the average is going down and another when is going up (so if the average is 6 then 5 then 4 I would have three red dots and if the fourth is 5, that means I now have a positive and is green. All I need plotted is the average with dots (changing colors and neutral color for no change) and the 0 line.

Also, I can provide the TOS code for the MACD but slap me, no way to do the conversion. Maybe chatgpt can, but I still prefer humans.

Hello whenimgone,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any information about how TOS (or any other platform) has coded their indicators, but the MACD is open source in NinjaTrader and you are welcome to view the code in the NinjaTrader 8 platform.

To get started with NinjaScript, please see this forum post:

https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...040#post786040

Please let me know if you have any specific questions if you decide to code this script yourself and I'll be happy to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
      Hello whenimgone,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any information about how TOS (or any other platform) has coded their indicators, but the MACD is open source in NinjaTrader and you are welcome to view the code in the NinjaTrader 8 platform.

To get started with NinjaScript, please see this forum post:

https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...040#post786040

Please let me know if you have any specific questions if you decide to code this script yourself and I'll be happy to assist.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
      Hey Gaby,

Stochastics is open and a fairly simple formula but unlike Ninja, on TOS you can choose the smoothing moving average type (so I am presuming this is where the difference comes from). Thank you for the resources but I prefer to trade, rather than code I have already looked up the developers you noted (from another forum topic) and wrote a few inquiries.

Thanks for the help and have a wonderful week

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Graci117, Today, 09:02 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:55 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes