Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple panels for different histograms coded on the same indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple panels for different histograms coded on the same indicator

Hello!

On a chart window, we have a panel for the chart and other indicators and separate panels for histograms for example. Until here, I could code basic histogramms, but ONLY one panel per histogram for the same indicator. In State == State.SetDefaults, I have:
    HTML Code:
    State == State.SetDefaults
    {
       IsOverlay = false;
    }
    With this condition, I have my histogram on a separate panel. But what about many histograms?

1) Also, How to have with this condition AT THE SAME TIME a plot such as an arrow on the same panel with the chart and histograms on other panels?

2) Is there a way to code multiple histograms for different panels on the same indicator? If yes, could someone please provide a function to include/use in the code?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello Stanfillirenfro,

Thank you for your post.

I have addressed your questions below:
    1) Also, How to have with this condition AT THE SAME TIME a plot such as an arrow on the same panel with the chart and histograms on other panels?

An indicator is not able to plot on multiple panels. It can either be set to IsOverlay = true where the indicator will plot in the price panel, or IsOverlay = false where the indicator plots will be in a new, separate panel. I am not aware of a plot style that uses arrows (only triangles) - is it possible you are referring to draw objects? If so, you could potentially use IsOverlay = false so the indicator plots will be in a new, separate panel and then you could set DrawOnPricePanel = true so draw objects will be painted on the price panel. Here are the help guide pages for IsOverlay and DrawOnPricePanel:2) Is there a way to code multiple histograms for different panels on the same indicator? If yes, could someone please provide a function to include/use in the code?​

No, there is no way to have multiple plots, such as histograms, plotted on different panels in the same indicator instance. You could consider adding the indicator to a chart multiple times, however, so that each indicator instance plots in a separate panel.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post bltdavid  
    Started by port119, Today, 02:43 PM
    0 responses
    1 view