Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Weekly & Daily Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly & Daily Zones

Hi, I have an indicator that places zones on the chart and needs quite a few days to calculate the zones. I'm wondering if they can be sent "automatically" to another indicator to just place the areas,
    like Colorzones or ConstantLines so the chart does not require so many days of data. Thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	96
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1261371

Hello tunabomb,

I am not sure what you mean by sent to another indicator, are you asking how to allow other indicators access to this indicators data?

If your item requires a specific amount of data to calculate there is not going to be a way to avoid loading that amount of data, it will require that amount so it can initially calculate.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm currently entering them manually into ColorZone3 indicator, just seeing if this process can be automated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello tunabomb,

Yes those are user inputs for the indicator. You could make a copy of the indicator and reprogram it to automate those inputs.

By automate i mean you would need to come up with some formula or logic which generates the price values you are using for those inputs. However you manually calculate the price values that you enter would need to be re created as logic that generates those values.

Once you determine how to calculate the values you can set variables to those values while the script runs and it could use those values to plot.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
        19 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rene69851  
        Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes