Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method: Index was outside the bounds of the array

Hi,

I've been getting this error for the second consecutive day for a particular custom indicator that i've used for over two years without such an error. I'm running v8.0.28.0 with TWS.

The strange thing is I can run an exactly identical chart with the same indicator, the same number of days to load and there are no issues with it.

How would I identify where the problem lies? Could you help? Last week I was advised to create a fresh database, with the steps given, over a different issue - Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object - with a different indicator. I did that over the weekend. I'm not sure if that created this issue but that's the only thing that i've done to the software.

Regards
    Kay Wai

Hello kaywai,

It would be hard to say what the problem is besides there is some logical problem with the indicators code. Is this an indicator you created? Generally if you are getting an index error that would relate to data or plots within the indicator and how those values are being accessed. To find the problem would require debugging the indicator in the use case that generates the error to see which part of its code is being effected.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes