Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

On July 12, I wrote an email to [email protected] and [email protected] seeking assistance for the above error. However I did not receive a reference no from your auto-reply nor did I receive any reply. So I'm assuming the email was not received. I will write below the contents of my email:-

Hi,

I refer to this indicator - Labeled Horizontal Lines - in the ecosystem created by Ninjatrader_ChrisL. I have provided the link below:-

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...izontal-lines/

I have also attached the log and trace files with this email.

It doesn't happen often but it does occur frequently enough that I think I should ask for support on it since it is provided by a member of the support team.

The time of occurence is approximately 13:04:22 and it requires me to go to the taskbar manager to shut the program. As you can see from the logs, the error just perpetually repeats itself.

Could you please assist?

Regards

Kay Wai​
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Emily; 08-18-2023, 07:05 AM. Reason: removing attached log + trace files as they could contain personal/sensitive information

Hello kaywai,

Thank you very much for your post!

Based on your description, I was able to find the case (03955257) in our files. My colleague Oxana replied to this email at 8 AM central time on the morning of the 12th. Is it possible this reply might have been filtered by your spam filter? If so, please ensure that support (at) ninjatrader (dot) com is not marked as spam in your email client.

Regarding the issue, I've included my colleague's reply below. Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you have any further questions or still experience issues when following these steps!

We advise that you rename your database to resolve this item using the following steps :
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and navigate to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sqlite" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.sqlite and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sqlite"
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - Trading Hours templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

To prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader.

If you have further questions, please email us from the NinjaTrader platform (Help-> Email Support), so we can receive your recent log and trace files as well.

Thank you!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Manfred,

I seemed to have missed that email. Sorry.

After following the steps you provided above, could i restore the instrument lists and templates from the back up file OR will I have to recreate them again?

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hi,

This error occured again when I tried to select a labelled horizontal line. It's the same problem.

Is there a way for resolve this issue? It's the indicator I mentioned above, about a month ago

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hello kaywai,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you send me your most recent log & trace files? I'd like to take a closer look at any recently reported errors that might have led up to this.

You can do this by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief "ATTN Manfred" note in the message.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!​
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Yesterday, 06:59 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by milfocs, Yesterday, 07:23 PM
          1 response