Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ScaleJustification.Right vs Overlay on AddPlots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScaleJustification.Right vs Overlay on AddPlots

Hello,

I'm usually developing strategies and have a combination of OBV/RSI/Bollinger added to the chart on one panel, with RSI scale fixed to the right and the OBV & Bollinger as Overlay. While trying to merge them into a separate indicator I have the problem that when I use the 3 sub-indicators in the new indicator all are plotted with scale on the right which is not working due to the big difference of values. Is it possible to fix AddPlots to right and overlay like I did it in the strategy?

Thanks so much - didn't find anything on this topic.
    Regards
    Lotus

Hello Lotus,

Thank you for your post.

ScaleJustification is set for the entire indicator script and not on a per-plot basis. Ultimately, you may need to keep the RSI separate since it is fixed to the right and then you may still combine OBV and Bollinger into one script with ScaleJustification.Overlay.

As for setting ScaleJustification separately for each plot, I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Emily for the quick reply. I guess that brings me back to creating/combining multiple scripts in a strategy. Another approach could be normalization of OBV to a scale of -50/50.

Comment

Hello MrLotus,

Thank you for your patience.

Your vote has been added to an existing feature request with tracking number SFT-4126. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by merc410, Today, 03:41 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post merc410
        by merc410

Started by sugalt, 04-30-2024, 04:02 AM
        2 responses