Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to control the order of ToolBar Buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to control the order of ToolBar Buttons?

I have several buttons on the Chart Toolbar and would like to control the order they are created on the toolbar...

Is there a way to do this?

Related Question: Is there a way to control the order in which indicators are loaded on a chart (that would fix the prior question I imagine...)

thx

Hello llanqui,

Thank you for your note.

I am not sure what you are referring to for controlling the order the buttons are created on the toolbar. Have you reviewed the reference sample for Creating Chart WPF Modifications from an Indicator? Perhaps this will address your first question:

Otherwise, I think for your second question you may be referring to changing the z-order of objects on the chart. The change the z-order of an object, such as an indicator, you must first select the object by left-clicking it. Next, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel up or down to move the object to a higher or lower z-order. For more information:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To clarify....I have multiple indicators that create toolbar buttons. One toolbar might have seven buttons from three different indicators.

Apparently the order the indicators are loaded is the order the buttons are created. on the toolbar??

Is there a way to re-order the indicator list for a chart, so that I can control which indicators are loaded first (if they are loaded in order of the indicator list??

In Ninja 7 there seemed to be no way to control the order in which the indicators were loaded.

I'll look at z-order, but initially I think that is which priority they have on overlaying each other, not the order they are loaded, or the order they draw their objects.

Comment

Hello llanqui,

Thank you for the clarification.

I see what you are saying now. Yes, the buttons should be created based on the order of the indicators on the indicator list. The order determines the order in which indicators are loaded to the chart. This order may be adjusted using the "up" and "down" options in the Indicators window:

You should be able to adjust the order of the toolbars and then click Apply to see the changes applied.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Works exactly as I needed. I recently ported from NT7 and this feature was not there... in NT7 the order loaded was never consistent anyway...

Many thanks...

:-)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ChastiJose, Today, 03:37 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post ChastiJose  
          Started by Klaus Hengher, Today, 03:13 AM