Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make plot color dynamically change transparency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LuxSpuzy, aligator I have no problem with the possibility of this being a bug in the Actipro Editor used in NinjaScript. I have found so many bugs in the now-long-obsolete version currently integrated into NinjaTrader 8 that another would not surprise me.

Nevertheless, it is a matter of evaluating what is provided, not of "belief" in what someone is saying. I'm sure that the posts are well--intentioned and presenting what is happening. Whether it is an editor bug or a code problem is what we all want to determine.

So, to the issue. May I suggest that the full code with the issue be posted (as an attachment, not a screenshot) so it can be evaluated by NT Support and others? That is the most likely way to be able to understand and try to replicate the matter. If that's not possible for any reason (perfectly fine if that is the case), it will be a little less efficient in diagnosis.

LuxSpuzy I notice that your code snapshot is for an unsaved (and therefore uncompiled) version of code. Can you provide source code, as suggested, for Support to test?

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by LuxSpuzy View Post

I also forgot to mention that the region and #endregion also get messed up for the file where this bug appears.
      it can be seen in the video.
      This is also exactly what happened to my script running on last 8.0.1 version.

However, I could not find what caused the error. But, I decided to delete the script and rewrite the code exactly the same. To my surprise, the issue was resolved and no more errors. My guess is because of so many attempts to debug and recompiles perhaps somewhere internally ( maybe the NT generated code at the end) got corrupted and kept generating the same error.

Thanks to Thanks LuxSpuzy, NinjaTrader_BrandonH, jeronymite​ for everyones' help. LuxSpuzy delete the file and start over with a same but new script, it may work as it did for me.

Cheers!
      Last edited by aligator; 04-13-2023, 01:49 AM.

Comment

jeronymite, was this error ever figured out? Note the following picture. The error shows once the code is type in or upon opening it for the first time in the editor. However, it compiles fine and the indicator works fine with this method of custom brush. But was this initial "fake?" error message ever figured out?

-Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	66
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	1276140

Comment

ChrisR What version of NT are you using? The most recent release is 8.1.2.0 and it includes an updated C# compiler (C# 8) and updated Actipro Syntax Editor (23.1.0.0). Either (or both or neither) might affect matters. In any case, those errors as shown mean the indicator source code is not compiled, obviously, but also mean that the current compiled version of the indicator (if one exists) would not be the same as the code shown.

Is it a repeatable problem? In other words, if you start fresh and do it all from scratch, does it always happen?

Thanks.
          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
          jeronymite
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
            ChrisR What version of NT are you using? The most recent release is 8.1.2.0 and it includes an updated C# compiler (C# 8) and updated Actipro Syntax Editor (23.1.0.0). Either (or both or neither) might affect matters. In any case, those errors as shown mean the indicator source code is not compiled, obviously, but also mean that the current compiled version of the indicator (if one exists) would not be the same as the code shown.

Is it a repeatable problem? In other words, if you start fresh and do it all from scratch, does it always happen?

Thanks.
            I'm using 8.0.28.0, the issue is the same whether I create a new script from scratch or open an existing one. This error always pops up at either the opening of the code or once its typed in. However, once compiled it goes away. Other .cs files do not do this. Its only the ones that contain this method of custom brush building. Its an error in either the editor or the code itself (but still compiles?).

Comment

Hello ChrisR,

If there are no errors after compiling, this may be a stale error. Restart NinjaTrader.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello ChrisR,

If there are no errors after compiling, this may be a stale error. Restart NinjaTrader.
                There error, when using this method of custom brushes, has been going on for over a year. As others have mentioned, its likely the editor. For some reason it doesnt like the way this is coded, despite it compiling fine.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post futtrader  
                Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post bltdavid