Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

user drawn indicator like a volume profile on a region - how to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

user drawn indicator like a volume profile on a region - how to start

Hi,

Can someone please point me to how to connect the indicator to the user drawn region where I can place for example a volume profile ?
    I've been trying to find an example for many days now and looking at the documentation or even paid implementations but I'm struggling.

Thanks.

Hello m78pl,

Thanks for your post.

There are no supported methods or functions available that allow you to call the Order Flow Volume Profile drawing tool in NinjaScript.

We are tracking interest in this feature in an internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4265.

There are also no supported methods or functions for accessing the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator in NinjaScript. I have added your vote for this also. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3402.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 02-05-2023, 03:37 PM.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok - that's not what I'm asking ... if I have a code for say VWAP or my own implementation of the session profile - I'd like to put that in the user drawn region just like the Orderflow Volume profile does on your platform ... Can you point me in any direction here how to code it in ninjascript ?

Comment

Hello m78pl,

Thanks for your note.

Please answer the following questions so I may accurately assist.

You have an indicator that contains plots added to the script using the AddPlot() method and you are assigning Order Flow VWAP values to those plots. Is that correct?

You want to have those plots mentioned above restricted to a certain region on the chart. Is that correct?

If my understanding is correct, the plots in your script will appear at the Order Flow VWAP value that is calculated and cannot be restricted to a certain region on the chart. For example, if the Order Flow VWAP StdDev1Upper value calculates at say 1000 and the StdDev3Upper value calculates at say 1500, the StdDev1Upper plot will be placed at 1000 and the StdDev3Upper plot will be placed at 1500. There would not be a way to limit these plots to a certain price region as the plots will display at the price values they calculated.

Order Flow VWAP help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...flow_vwap2.htm

If my understand of what you are trying to accomplish is not correct, please provide a brief description detailing exactly what you are trying to accomplish. If possible, please provide a screenshot demonstrating what you are wanting to accomplish also.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

ok - that's not what I'm asking

lets simplify this

lets say that I want to draw a simple SMA in the region that I choose - the same way the Ninjatrader Order Flow Volume Profile works - you can draw the region and then the indicator plots the volume profile.

So here I'd like to draw the simple SMA - which I can compute easily - in the region I choose. Can you point me to anywhere where the region logic in ninjascript / .NET is explained ?

Comment

Hello m78pl,

Thanks for your note.

Since the Order Flow Volume Profile is closed source and its code is not viewable or documented, we would not be able to provide direction on how this script specifically functions to draw objects on a chart based on a certain selected region.

This would likely require using custom C# logic for detecting mouse click events to specify the region that a drawing object would be drawn and goes beyond the support we are able to provide.

That said, this forum thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on possible undocumented/unsupported logic to accomplish this.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes