Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

different data with multi timeframe indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different data with multi timeframe indicator

Hello, I have created a simple indicator, a multi timeframe SMA. It works perfectly in other graphs showing me the same data but when I activate the tickreplay the plot shows another data. how could i solve it?

thank you​

Hello Siolver,

That may be due to the series or settings you used, is there a specific reason you needed to enable tick replay for this indicator?
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, for this indicator I don't need it but for others I do need to activate it. I can put two superimposed charts putting one of them without the TICK REPLAY to visualize it well but I would not have access to the correct data from another indicator to this SMA

Comment

Hello Siolver,

Do you see the same happen if you apply the SMA in the same use case, is there a difference with just the SMA? If not that would point to something that you are doing in your logic which is producing the result that you are seeing.

Comment

Hello,

I have tested it and doing that works fine. I have also observed that when it is a graph less than the SMA it works well but when it is greater it is when the data is not exact. I mean, in a 5-minute chart I put a 20-minute SMA it works well with the TICKREPLAY but if in a 5-minute chart I put the 1-minute SMA it is when the data is not exact.
          Is there a way to fix this or make an indicator unaffected by TICKREPLAY?

thank you​

Comment

Hello Siolver,

There seems to be some information missing here, you mentioned that you put a 20 minute sma on a 5 minute chart. Did you mean a 20 period sma or did you add a second 20 minute series to the chart and use that for the SMA input series?

If you can provide the exact details of the test you did where you see a difference that would help. I did a few quick tests on my end and can't see a large discrepancy when comparing the SMA on tick replay vs non tick replay charts.

Comment

Hello, Jesse

With TICKREPLAY enabled, when I add the SMA multi timeframe indicator of a higher time frame, for example, on a 5-minute chart I add an SMA(10) of a 10-minute chart, it works perfectly. but when I add a 1-minute SMA(10) to the same chart, the price is not exactly the same. The difference is not very important but I would like to know if there is any way to solve it or that an indicator avoids the TICKREPLAY

Thank you​

Comment

Hello Siolver,

Are you using the standard SMA and adding secondary data to a chart? For example you created a chart that has both 5 and 10 minute series, then applied the SMA to the 10 minute series? But see a problem when you add a 1 minute series to the same chart and add a sma to the 1 minute series?

The only way to avoid using tick replay would be to not use tick replay. When using tick replay all scripts will be called based on the series settings. You can see how that changes the scripts processing in the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...sub=tickreplay

Comment

Hello,

no, i just add a data series and add SMA at different timeframes with the indicator.
                  Thanks for the information. I will read the documentation

Thank you !​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by giulyko00, Today, 12:03 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post giulyko00  
                  Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                  12 responses