Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator that I made Recalls BackBrush Limit When Reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator that I made Recalls BackBrush Limit When Reached

Hello, I have made an indicator that sets the backbrush color depending on if I have a strong or weak trend, Bull or Bear Strength, & it continues reaching a max number of bars then stops painting new bars new colors. When it will stop it has reached a limit to how many bars it can paint & then on last color that it painted, then it continues to paint only the one color until it is started a new.

I wonder if NT support can help me w finding out if there is a call to the max number of bars an indicator can paint & then refresh the indicator. I want to subscribe to that class/method in the indicators history when it reaches the limit or painted bars to create a method to tell it to restart, and one start painting new bars at the start rather than ever stopping painting bars.

Hello LoganJKTrader,

Thanks for your post.

You may have up to 65,535 unique BackBrush instances as noted in the BackBrush help guide page linked below. This is applicable per NinjaScript instance.

BackBrush: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../backbrush.htm

You likely need to adjust your code to use fewer brushes to avoid this. If you are using custom Media brushes, you could consider using a variable within the scope of the class that holds a brush that can be used as needed. Or, you could consider using pre-defined System.Windows.Media.Brushes instead of custom Media brushes.

See this help guide page from my colleague Jim for more information about this topic regarding brush limits: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...775#post749775

​Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post JoMoon2024  
    Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
    2 responses