Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Code NT8 INDICATOR - count number of ticks from current price to any indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code NT8 INDICATOR - count number of ticks from current price to any indicator

I need somebody that could code a NT8 Indicator.
    The purpose of this Indicator is measure distance (number of ticks) from PRICE to any indicator (my choice) that is plotted on chart.

In the example below, the indicator that I’m using is https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...on-coloring-2/
    (but I could choose any other indicator that is being used on chart):

The indicator should allow me parameterize these setups below:
    • Choose the indicator that I want to measure distance from price
    • Input the number of ticks (distance)
    • Load a sound file (when distance is equal or 1 tick greater the number of ticks, indicator is going to give me an alert sound)

The indicator should work with any instrument and with any timeframe.

Attached Files

Hello TRADER_F,

Thank you for your post.

Although the NinjaTrader Support team does not provide hands-on debugging or development services, we will certainly leave this post up in case a member of the forum community would like to assist you with coding this indicator. If you are interested in NinjaScript consulting services to find someone that could code the indicator for you, we could get you in touch with our Vendor Relations team who could provide you with more information about the consultants available in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Additionally, if you have programming experience and are interested in coding via NinjaScript to make the desired adjustments yourself, we would be glad to provide you with additional resources that would aid you in modifying the indicator's code to work as you desire.

Please let me know if either of these options interests you and I would be glad to provide you with additional information.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Emily,

I appreciate very much!

And yes, I'm interested in coding via NinjaScript, Please, provide me additional resources to study by myself!

Regards!

Comment

Hello TRADER_F,

Thank you for your reply.

My colleague has created the following post as a resource for anyone getting started with NinjaScript:

As for the alert sound you mentioned, you may be able to just utilize the default system alerts for when the indicator value is equal to or greater than a certain value. For more information about the system alert settings:

Otherwise, if you would like to program the alert into the indicator, this help guide section would be useful to refer to:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes