Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Real Time Quote on Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Time Quote on Chart

Is there a straightforward way to display Real Time Quote informationn athe top of a chart? Symbol; Last Price; Change/Percent Change; Bid Price/Ask Price.

ThinkorSwim Displays this as a part of the chart Interactive Broker has this info at the bottom of the chart. Any chance NT adds this kind of functionality to their charts?

TIA

Hello dmking,

Thank you for your post.

I note you've posted this twice, so I'll remove the other one.

There would not be a built in way to display all that at the top of the chart, no. There may be existing indicators available either through third party vendors, or you can take a look to see if anything on our publicly available User App Share might meet your needs:

If you want to go the DIY route, this is certainly something you could program your own indicator to display. If you're interested in going that direction, I'm happy to provide you with resources on learning NinjaScript if you like.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate...

Please point me in the DIY direction for help... BTW, From a competitive standpoint, If your competitors are providing the kind of functionality I'm looking for out of the box and you're not... You may want to look at tha to see if you're at a disadvantage in the market place.

Comment

Hello dmking,

You can draw text on the chart corners using Draw.TextFixed, that would be the most simplistic way to draw custom text displays.

You can also use OnRender to design custom rendering on the chart, that can include text or other drawings. There is a sample that comes with the platform called SampleCustomRender which shows how to draw text on the chart. This is a little more complex because you are working with X / Y values rather than bars ago. That does give you the ability to draw wherever you want on the chart panel without relation to the chart bars so you can create static or non moving elements on the chart.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AdamDJ8, Today, 09:18 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AdamDJ8
        by AdamDJ8

Started by knowmad, Today, 03:52 AM
        2 responses