Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Kaufman efficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaufman efficiency

Hi All,

I have an issue which I do not know how to solve it and I am looking for some advice.

I have Kaufman efficiency ratio which can be from 0 to 100, see attached. This is ok but I would like to create histogram where it can move from 100 to -100 range. Ideally if value 30 of the indicator can behave as zero line. This means trades with Kaufman efficiency which has value of more than 30 will be displayed as values above zero line and other trades with less than 30 will be below zero line.

My question is such thing possible and is there a big need for recoding?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR

Miroslav

Attached Files

Originally posted by MiroslavH View Post
    Hi All,

I have an issue which I do not know how to solve it and I am looking for some advice.

I have Kaufman efficiency ratio which can be from 0 to 100, see attached. This is ok but I would like to create histogram where it can move from 100 to -100 range. Ideally if value 30 of the indicator can behave as zero line. This means trades with Kaufman efficiency which has value of more than 30 will be displayed as values above zero line and other trades with less than 30 will be below zero line.

My question is such thing possible and is there a big need for recoding?

Thank you very much in advance.

BR

Miroslav
    Hi,

This indicator is not bounded by 0-100. The true KE indicator oscillates between 1 to -1 which seems to be close to what your indicator shows.

You can simply draw 3 horizontal lines at -30, 0, and 30 on the chart and then on list of parameters change the plot type from Line to Bar. Alternatively, you can make these simpe changes using the NT Editor.

Comment

Hi,

thank you for your feedback.

I think I managed it somehow. I used logic that trades above some level will be displayed by other color and that line will be behaving as "zero line". See attached.

I have a question you quoted "the true KE indicator oscillates between 1 to -1" Do you think that my indicator is not correct calculation of the true KE?

Thank you for your feedback.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM