Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator is removed after relogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator is removed after relogging

Hello,

I have such a problem with my indicator, after closing NT and logging again, the indicator is not on the Chart and in the list of indicators. I need to set up it again. If I understand correctly, the error in the log is: Failed to restore Indicator "Unknown". Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (C) the custom assembly which implements this indicator is not longer here.
    The indicator draws many shapes.

In code it looks like this:

Draw.ArrowUp(this, "tag1" + CurrentBar, true, 0, Low[0] - TickSize, Brushes.Green);

Is it related or not?
    Please help me solve the problem.

Hello zhiga,

Thanks for your post.

This error is seen when a workspace loads an indicator that is no longer included in the system.

To resolve this error message, you would need to remove the indicator from the Chart window and save the workspace with the indicator removed. That way the indicator will no longer be added when the workspace/template loads so you will not get this error.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.
    Removing Indicator from a Chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...oveAnIndicator
    Saving a Workspace: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...vingAWorkspace

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
      Hello zhiga,

Thanks for your post.

This error is seen when a workspace loads an indicator that is no longer included in the system.

To resolve this error message, you would need to remove the indicator from the Chart window and save the workspace with the indicator removed. That way the indicator will no longer be added when the workspace/template loads so you will not get this error.

See the help guide documentation below for more information.
      Removing Indicator from a Chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...oveAnIndicator
      Saving a Workspace: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...vingAWorkspace

So I removed and saved workspace, logged out. Then logging, and add it again. Do u mean algo like this? If so, I did it before like that. But I want to save this indicator at next logging.

Comment

Hello zhiga,

Thanks for your note.

With the error: "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

This occurs if there was an indicator that was saved in the workspace and then the indicator was removed from NinjaTrader. Since it was removed from NinjaTrader, this means it cannot load with the workspace.

If you re-save the workspace does the error still occur?

If you would like the indicator saved in your workspace, you would need to add that indicator back to your NinjaTrader platform if you have not already done so, then add the indicator to a chart and save the workspace.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello zhiga,

Thanks for your note.

With the error: "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

This occurs if there was an indicator that was saved in the workspace and then the indicator was removed from NinjaTrader. Since it was removed from NinjaTrader, this means it cannot load with the workspace.

If you re-save the workspace does the error still occur?

If you would like the indicator saved in your workspace, you would need to add that indicator back to your NinjaTrader platform if you have not already done so, then add the indicator to a chart and save the workspace.

I did, but doesn't work. When I save there is also the error: Could not save indicator: There was an error generating the XML document

Comment

Hello zhiga,

Thanks for your note.

"Could not save indicator: There was an error generating the XML document"

This error is being thrown due to an error in the code of the indicator, likely to do with the serialization of brushes.

Please answer the following so I may accurately assist.
            • What is the name of the indicator in question that you would like to save to your workspace?
            • Is this an indicator that comes default with NinjaTrader?
            • Is this an indicator you have created?
            • Is this indicator from the Ecosystem User App Share? If so, please provide a link to the indicator.
            • Or, is this an indicator that you got from a third-party developer?
            I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tonynt, Yesterday, 01:48 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tonynt
            by tonynt

Started by goodknight777, Today, 08:43 AM