Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Not Working Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Not Working Correctly

One of my indicator does always work. I have to go into the Data Series menu to change the number of days or bars to load. Loading 500 bars might work on Monday, but on Tuesday 500 bars doesn't work, but loading 250 bars works. On Wednesday, nothing work but loading 1 day worth of data works.

I have been unable to figure out what causes this issue. I have attached the indicator for your review.
    Attached Files

Hello cryfgg,

If you are getting a specific error we would need that detail to provide guidance. I won't be able to debug the script for you but I can try to provide insight on errors you may be seeing.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello cryfgg,

If you are getting a specific error we would need that detail to provide guidance. I won't be able to debug the script for you but I can try to provide insight on errors you may be seeing.

I'm not getting any error. I have been having this issue with most of my custom indicators for NT8. I was wondering if there is a line of code I need to insert to resolve this issue.

Comment

Hello cryfgg,

If you are not getting an error then you would have to review the code you made to see why that happens in that use case. I would otherwise not know what part of the script may be having a problem without more specifics from your testing/debugging.

If this is happening for more than one indicator it may be shared code that you have used, I could only suggest to try and locate a use case where it has the problem and then check the Log tab to confirm there are no runtime errors. If no errors are present you may need to add prints into the code or simplify the code to better understand the problem. If you are unsure how to resolve a problem related to part of the code then we would need more specific details on what exact problem you observed and what part of the code you are having trouble with.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rayyyu12, Yesterday, 05:38 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
        Started by thumper57, Yesterday, 04:30 PM
        1 response
        0 likes