Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Click event for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click event for indicators

Hello there,

I was just wondering if there is a click event code in NinjaTrader8 for frontend. I wanted to manipulate (hide/show) the content of each indicators. For example, if I click ChaikinMoneyFlow, it would hide Bars Ago input. If I click the other indicator, which is KeltnerChannelUpper, it would show Bars Ago input. Is there anyway I could do this? Thank you in advanceClick image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.PNG
Views:	198
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1190272

Hello itgoesbrrrrrr,

You would not need a mouse event for that, you could use the property descriptor collection. There is a sample in the help guide that shows toggling properties visibility based on another property as input: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_to_custo.htm

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Jesse,

So I am actually able to use inputs/dropdowns to hide/show other properties but not when I click indicators which is what I wanted. I've been searching for the code for it but I was not able to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.PNG
Views:	191
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1190298

I saw the documentation but it doesn't say anything about clicking the indicator to hide other properties

Comment

Hello itgoesbrrrrrr,

The selection of the left side menu would have no visible event to the applied indicator. Any changes to the right side list would need to be done by using the property descriptor collection or using a Browsable attribute on that property however that only applies to properties of the custom indicator.

From the image I cannot tell menu that is but it appears to have an indicator selection similar to the market analyzer indicator column. If that is the case that section also appears to be a built in feature of that menu so it would not be something the indicator could control with its properties.

If you have more details of what tool/menu that is that could help to provide more details on what possibilities there could be. It would also be helpful to understand why you are trying to remove that property as it appears to be necessary for the section it is in.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Jesse,

I wanted to hide some inputs because some indicators were not supposed to have those inputs. That was the reason why I asked if there is a click event available or similar method.

Comment

Hello itgoesbrrrrrr,

Could you provide more specific detail about what menu that is?

From the image you provided the BarsAgo appears to belong to that SignalType/Value selection which is not part of the indicator and appears to be part of the tool.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by xepher101, Yesterday, 12:19 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xepher101  
            Started by thumper57, Today, 04:30 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes