Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ADXVMA help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADXVMA help

Ive been playing around with the ADXVMA indicator lately. Ive noticed that the color of the line(red or green) is the most accurate part of the indicator. However the color itself is never a plot point. Does anyone know the formula the ADXVMA uses to determine the colors and is it possible to code this into a plot point?

Hello tannermcelvany34,

Thanks for your post.

Are you referring to the Adxvma indicator from our User App Share page linked below?

Adapted from NT7 but without multi-color plotting, or candle painting option.

If so, the red line from the indicator that is seen is a plot that is added to the script using AddPlot(). The script does not add any lines by calling AddLine(). I also do not see anywhere in the indicator's code that changes the color of the plot.

You could view the indicator's code by opening a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Indicators folder, and select the ADXVMA indicator. Any formulas or values that make up the plot are assigned to the plot using Values[0][0].

If you would like to add a plot to the script, you could call AddPlot() and assign a value to the plot. Or, you could reach out to the developer of the indicator listed on the User App Share download page to inquire if they are willing to modify the indicator.

See this help guide page for more information about AddPlot: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/addplot.htm

The color of a plot could be changed using PlotBrushes. See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lotbrushes.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

BandonH I cannot get the download of the adxvma from the user App Share to install

The Error states

"Error compliling import assembly ...... error CS0101 The namespace NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators already contains a definition for MAX
      also error for definition MIN

So I guess that implies the installation file contains script to redefine MAX MIN ?

thanks

Comment

Hello DTSSTS,

Thanks for your note.

Since this indicator was created by a third-party developer, please reach out to the developer mentioned in the User App Share link (Ricam) to inform them that their script cannot successfully import into the platform so that they may share an importable copy of the indicator.

In the meantime, you could manually import the ADXVMA.cs file from the .zip file downloaded from the User App Share page. To do so, copy the ADXVMA.cs file found in the .zip folder to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators folder and then run a Compile in the New > NinjaScript Editor window.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did import the cs file, worked just fine.

I am getting error in strategy using the installation as copy .cs file

error on calling OnStateChange method Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Could this maybe be the .dll file is not present for the indicator SINCE i copied and pasted into the ninja folder

Thanks

Update this may be the issue I found on Forum

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...xvma-different

This did not fix my error issue
          Last edited by DTSSTS; 02-23-2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 05:50 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ETFVoyageur  
          Started by thaboushca, Today, 09:39 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post thaboushca