Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer & Bloodhound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer & Bloodhound

I've added a bloodhound indicator to market analyzer. It only prints a 1 or zero. I see where I can change that to text but Id like it to print bullish or bearish instead of "signal" or 1. Where the racing stripe is green, id like it to print bullish & when its red, bearish. Any help or articles to read would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Have you asked Bloodhound support?

Comment

Yes, they said to check here first.

Comment

Hello Angus7,

Thanks for your post.

You can decorate an Indicator Market Analyzer Column to show a custom color and custom text using Cell Conditions.

For example:
        • If the plot value is 1, set the text to "Bullish" and set the background color to Green.
        • If the plot value is 0, set the text to "Bearish" and set the background color to Red.
        Creating Cell and Filter Conditions - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lter_condi.htm

Note that you cannot detect color of a plot with an Indicator Market Analyzer Column, and you would need to read plots that have values like "0" or "1" to be able to make meaningful Cell Conditions.

We look forward to assisting.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim. Thats what I thought. The problem is the buy or sell from bloodhound issues a 1 for both, which is where the problem comes in. I'm just thinking I need to get deeper in the code to make it work. Was hoping it was simple. Doesn't look like it is.

Comment

Hello Angus7,

I can't comment much on how to accomplish with Shark Indicator's tools, but in essence with the Market Analyzer, you would want easy-to-read values plotted for easy use with Cell Conditions.

If the possibilities are "Bearish" "Bullish" or "Both" (or even "None") you could add a plot to the indicator and assign that plot a value of 0 for when the "None" case is true, a 1 if the "Bullish" case is true, 2 for the "Bearish" case, and 3 for the "Both" case. Then your Cell Condition would be able to handle each case to show a different message and cell color.

From a standard NinjaScript perspective, documentation on adding plots and our indicator tutorials can help to add your own plots to one of your indicators.

AddPlot - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/addplot.htm

Indicator Tutorials - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...indicators.htm
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 12-02-2021, 08:43 AM.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes