Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Labeled lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labeled lines

i FOUND "Labeled Lines Drawing Tool" BY NinjaTraderJim. It works

I can copy and paste the created line. If I go to the copied line Properties and change anything, I get an Error box:
    "Unhandled exception: The value "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" is not of type "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" and cannot be used in this generic collection." When I initially installed the addon everything worked fine. I could copy/paste and change properties. Then I couldn't. Why am I getting the error.

Secondly, it seems like having this kind of flexibility is fundamental yet we can't do any kind of labeling in the stock NT8 Horizontal Line (F6) tool. I don't get this. Why not swap out the stock Horizontal Line tool with the one Jim created? This way, we traders get capability that is offered on other platforms, and we're dealing with standard functionality instead of an add on. This can't be that hard.

Thanks in advance.

Hello dmking,

Thanks for your post.

Could you be sure to update the Drawing Tool extension to to the latest version from the User App Share and test again? Please then provide clear steps for me to take or a short video showing the steps involved so I can reproduce the symptoms on my end. I tried copy/pasting lines with the latest version and editting properties of the copied line and I am not hitting any issue.

This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

The link above is publicly available.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

I am not sure how Product Management and Development would want to consider implementing this functionality within the platform itself. They may wish to change things than what I have done in my extension.

I have added a vote on your behalf to track interest making this functionality available with the platform out of box. The ticket ID is SFT-253. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

I look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much Jim. I'll be back on this later. BTW thanks for coding up the tool. It's exactly what I needed.

D

Comment

Hi Jim,

I tried your suggestion and reloaded the Drawing Tool and it seems to have done the trick. I'll let you know if the isssue reappears.

Again, thanks.

Comment

Jim, got the tool installed but it is not working. Or rather places the line with the price text but if i want to add my own text, it gives the mentioned error. Any idea what to fix on my end? seem to have the same issue with other addons i found. Id appreciate your help. thanks
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	389
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1251441

Comment

Hello axjurado,

I tried changing the text on the labeled line but did not see this error. What specific steps are you using where you see that error?
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse, I installed the add on. Then i think i first try to modify a Fib retracement, and add a new line, and it will not pass the error. Uninstalled and re-installed and every time i try to use it fails: i create any drawing, creates fine, but when i try to add custom text goes crazy. It happens with other add ons as well that add text to the line or box, so it might be my computer for some reason.
              After the error starts you cannot modify any drawing with labels, so i have to uninstall close ninja, and restart.

Comment

FWIW - uninstalled and re-installed ninja. Tried a fib and worked fine. then installed the add on and put a line, no problem. try to modify the line byy adding custom text, it fails. Then cannot modify the fib taht originally created, for instance. I'd appreciate your help . Thanks

Comment

Hello axjurado,

I tried also adding a fibonacci retracements and modifying its levels but I don't see any errors. If you have a set of specific steps that you can write out I could give that a try to see if the problem relates to the drawing object or something else.

Comment

Thanks Jesse. Uninstalled the indicator, closed ninja, started again. Everything works fine

Then go ahead and re-install the add on. Placed one line, anyone, and comes up ok. But when i try to add custome text i get the error. Then if i try to modify a Fib for instance the error keeps appearing. in fact it does as long as the fib drawing is selected - i need to hit escape in order to stop errors form appearing.

this is very straight forward, and as said, tried uninstalling ninja etc and nothing seems to owrk. Not sure if this is an issue maybe with another add on i might have installed ?

Comment

Hello axjurado,

I am not seeing any problems surrounding editing the text on this drawing tool. I tried adding a line and then editing the text and both work. You may have a problem with your user data, you may want to try doing a clean install without your existing data to see if that allows it to work.

Comment

thanks ... how do i do that?

Comment

Hello axjurado,

To do that you can download the current installer from the client portal website and then do the following steps:
                          1. Exit NinjaTrader
                          2. Open the documents folder and rename the NinjaTrader 8 folder to NinjaTrader 8 old
                          3. Uninstall NinjaTrader
                          4. Use the installer to re install NinjaTrader.
                          That will generate a new empty user folder which you can use to test the import. If you find that you still get an error please provide the exact steps you used so that I can test that on my end. Your previous description is a little vague, please make sure to include the specific tools you used, the order you added them, the text you tried to use etc. If you provide steps that will let me do the exact same test to make sure we are doing the same thing to produce the error.

Comment

ninja trader jim: I have downloaded the vertical line tool into nt8 and it does not perform correctly. it only draws a line in the candle chart not in the study panels. any suggestions. could it be from NT8 updates that affected the code? ty for your time

Comment

Come on guys.... Being able to label a horizontal line should be STANDARD! Look at the features TOS has to get in the 21st century!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post carnitron