Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Volume Price Trend (VPT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Price Trend (VPT)

hi,

I was looking for the indicator in subject and I come across this post that is pretty old.

Price Volume Trend - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Is there an update?

thanks

Hello space_trader,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of any update to that thread or indicator.

You may want to look through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem NT User apps to see if there is an indicator that meets your needs.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...r-8-indicators Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

If you would like an indicator created for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers in the Ninjatrader Ecosystem that can provide that service.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

space_trader did you ever find the PVT indicator for NT8?

Comment

hi Yoleven, no I didn't...

Comment

Hello yoleven & space_trader,

Thanks for your posts.

You may want to look at this indicator in the NT user apps section of the Ninjatrader Ecosystem which I had not observed before.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
          Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
          1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
          2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
          3. Select the downloaded .zip file
          4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
          • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
          The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THAT INDICATOR. It does not work! I tried it and it crashed my NT8 and then my computer did some weird thing and restarted.

I tried the indicator on another machine and it just outputs "1"

Comment

Hello yoleven,

Thanks for your reply.

"The Empirical Mode Decomposition indicator was published in the April 2010 Stocks and Commodities article authored by David G. Hawkins titled "Modified Price‐Volume Trend Indicator".

We will look into this indicator and update/correct it as needed.

I will update this thread when that happens.

Comment

Hello yoleven,

We are still reviewing this indictor for the functionality to the specified article.

In the meantime, I've attached a modified version that will place the indicator into its own panel and will not produce the errors your reported.

MPVTmodified.zip

Comment

That's not what he was looking i can tell lol. It's something like the volume profile. Per session is even better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Anfedport  
                  Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post iceman2018