Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Properties Dialog Visual Panel option: Question about "DrawOnPricePanel"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Properties Dialog Visual Panel option: Question about "DrawOnPricePanel"

While developing Indicators, I have found sometimes it is very helpful to use the same logic and data but in a slightly different way also requiring a different display. For example using a moving average on the Price Panel but also wanting to display the angle of the moving average line. Because the Angle will be a value roughly between -90 and 90 it does not lend itself to displaying on the Price Panel. My question is this:

Can the Indicator Properties Dialog Visual Panel option modify the "DrawOnPricePanel" bool variable in the Indicator to "false" when a subPanel is selected or NOT "Same as input series? My tests show this is not happening. Testing method: I used "DrawOnPricePanel" as a conditional to change colors to Transparent for approprate "AddPlot" data on either PricePanel or SubPanel.

Currently I must create my own bool to use. This means I am required to change both my bool and the Panel option get the display I want.
    Alternatively, can you recommend or suggest a different method?

Thank you for your assistance,

Hello MartinT, thanks for writing in.

The IsOverlay property will tell you if the indicator is drawing on the price panel or not. So if this is false, you would set DrawOnPricePanel to false. You can also look into custom rendering with SharpDX if you want to plot data that does not fall within the chart bars scale.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

Thank you for your help. That's just what I needed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cutzpr, Today, 08:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post cutzpr
      by cutzpr

Started by benmarkal, Today, 08:44 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes