Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Time Stamp in nano seconds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Stamp in nano seconds ?

hi guys i print a value by onmarketdata

LastTot=string.Format("{0:HH:mm:ss:fff} | last: {1:0.00}, ask: {2:0.00}, bid: {3:0.00} | volume: {4}", marketDataUpdate.Time, marketDataUpdate.Price, marketDataUpdate.Ask, marketDataUpdate.Bid, marketDataUpdate.Volume);
    Print (LastTot);

is possible have also nano seconds in time ?
    why this question , Because when i print i have many volume valuse with the same time stamp , and i would distinguished each other

Hello faustf, thanks for your question.

The lowest decimal place for the millisecond timestamp will be the thousands place, there is no further time information after this significant figure.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

and how is possible distinguished each other , if i have this
      12:34:27:000 | last: 1.15, ask: 1.15, bid: 1.15 | volume: 1

i have the same time but is 3 differences quotations , not exist some method for give a univocal token ? or somthing similar?
      thankz

Comment

Hello, thanks for your reply.

The ticks will appear in the order they are received, a queue data structure could be used to organize that information. We have this example that replicates the T&S window, note how the ask and bid updates are separated:

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You need to know how the trades are being reported.
          From the Exchanges you need to know:
          What is the Timestamp? Are trades report down to the millisecond? How are Trades Grouped if at all (mutliple trades grouped as one trade with 1 timestamp).

From your data provider you need to know:
          Understand how you data provider is pushing out the data. Some data providers group by price change, some buy timestamp, who knows what else. Basically you need to know if the data provider is collating data to save bandwidth.

And then there are probably differences between futures, stocks, forex, coins . There is a lot you need to know about quotes before the data even reaches NT. NT does nothing more other than to handle the quotes it receives.

As an example I was told a few years ago that the manner in which the CME reports trades can be a little misleading.

10 traders with 1 Lot Bids and 1 Trader with a 10 Lot Ask will be reported as 10 trades of 1 Lot each with an identical timestamp or very close to it when dealing with millisecond
          as opposed to
          1 Trader with a 10 Lot Ask and 1 Trader with a 10 Lot Bid will be reported as 1 trade for 10 Lots.

Obviously this was the big boys getting the CME to "hide" their big trades. This may have changed though since I last inquired.

I did create a custom bar type based on the Time Stamps with each bar having an identical timestamp (ie not volume, tick or minute bars) in an effort to find the true whale trades. Never found much use for it. Not saying there isn't, just saying I could not find it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by thumper57, Yesterday, 04:30 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by morrnel, Today, 06:07 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post morrnel