Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator opens new panel for no (obvious) reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator opens new panel for no (obvious) reason

Hi all,

I am writing an indicator with the aim to get sound alerts and prints to the output window. I do not want to plot anything in the price chart or in a panel below.

I copied an indicator I had written for something else which included the command "DrawOnPricePanel = true;" - So I am commenting that line out...

Nothing left in the indicator asks for a plot, yet when activated an empty panel opens below the price chart.

Does anyone know what to do here? It seems it is an obvious error on my side but I cannot figure it out.

One thing to mention: I am calling other indicators in the code, for example I am calling MACD and print its value... Could this be causing this?

aaMBmacd_value[0] = aaMBmacd(FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,9).Value[0];
    Print("MACD: " + Math.Round(aaMBmacd_value[0],4));

Thank you for your help.

pennywise

You might want to reconsider using DrawOnPricePanel ...

Did you try using IsOverlay?
    Last edited by bltdavid; 07-16-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

I have both saying false but still the empty panel opens. I don't think anywhere the code instructs to open that panel. Is there a cache that can be cleared in NT?

Comment

Hello pennywise,

Thanks for your post.

IsOverlay is the property that controls if the indicator creates an indicator panel. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?isoverlay.htm A setting of false would create an indicator panel. Calling additional indicators from an indicator would not cause other panels to open

If you have an indicator that opens an indicator panel and IsOverLay is correct set to true, please attach your indicator file so I can test on my end. Alternatively, if you prefer not to post your indicator/code, please feel free to write into PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com. Mark the e-mail Atten:Paul, ticket # 2657037. Include the source code file itself and link to this thread for reference.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks NinjaTrader_PaulH, and also thanks bltdavid, I should have read the IsOverlay description properly: True (not false) prevents the indicator from creating an indicator panel. Apologies for wasting your time here... :-(

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by thumper57, Yesterday, 04:30 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by sastrades, 05-10-2024, 09:59 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rc5781