Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

the RSI value is wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the RSI value is wrong

I think I used some user package which caused RSI value to be offset by 2
    The graph would show up correct(probably) but with value of a +2 offset
    I had to create another RSI indicator with -2 offset to be able to see the correct value
    Is that a known problem? or it's caused by some package I installed that corrupted my original RSI indicator?
    Can anyone gimme a copy of the original NT8 RSI indicator so I could verify? thx

Hello rexmie888,

Thank you for your note.

When you install other indicators and addons into the platform, please make sure that when it asks if you'd like to replace a system indicator that you select no, or its possible that the original may be overwritten by an older version. I've attached the current version of the RSI - this can be placed in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > Indicators folder to replace the one you have. Please ensure that NinjaTrader is closed when you do this.

That being said, it's more likely that you set an offset at some point and saved a template for the indicator. If you go to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Templates > Indicator, do you see a folder labeled RSI? If so, please shut down NinjaTrader and delete this folder, then restart NinjaTrader and test.

Does the RSI still appear to be offset?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Attached Files
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello rexmie888,

Thank you for your note.

When you install other indicators and addons into the platform, please make sure that when it asks if you'd like to replace a system indicator that you select no, or its possible that the original may be overwritten by an older version. I've attached the current version of the RSI - this can be placed in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > Indicators folder to replace the one you have. Please ensure that NinjaTrader is closed when you do this.

That being said, it's more likely that you set an offset at some point and saved a template for the indicator. If you go to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Templates > Indicator, do you see a folder labeled RSI? If so, please shut down NinjaTrader and delete this folder, then restart NinjaTrader and test.

Does the RSI still appear to be offset?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

If it's saved as a template. I'll be able to see it in the indicator setting screen, right?
      the offset column would say -1 or -2.
      I also found that the offset RSI amount is different in min chart or tick chart.
      I'll wipe the RSI folder and implement the one u gave me anyway.
      hopefully that would fix it once and for all

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ETFVoyageur, 05-07-2024, 07:05 PM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ETFVoyageur  
      Started by TheTradingMantis, 01-19-2023, 02:05 AM
      42 responses
      0 likes