Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Hiding Plots from Property Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding Plots from Property Grid

I've right clicked the BuySellVolume Indicator and saved a new one called MyBuySellVolume to experiment.

I see two plots. Both exposed publicly so they can be used in other indicators like the SMA. I've tested setting ArePlotsConfigurable to false to hide these from the Indicator Preferences window. I like that the plots still show up when I try to access them from other indicators like SMA. My question: Is there a way to use ArePlotsConfigurable on just one of the plots? For example, hide the Sell plot from the Indicator Preferences window but still have both show as available plots to other indicators like SMA?

Hello swcooke,

Thanks for your post.

The property would be set for the indicator and would affect all plots. I have submitted a feature request to track interest where this would be applied per plot. I will update this post when a ticket ID becomes available.

Ticket ID: SFT-4567

If preventing the modification of plot properties is very important to you, you could perform your own custom rendering to draw what would be drawn by the plot and then you could avoid adding user defined inputs that would customize that drawing. Please see the SampleCustomRender example that comes with NinjaTrader 8 as well as the documentation below for more information on custom rendering with SharpDX.

Using SharpDX for custom rendering - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._rendering.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 01-16-2020, 12:34 PM.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 02:10 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ETFVoyageur  
    Started by rayyyu12, Today, 12:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes