Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaScript folders and namespaces... what the relation is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript folders and namespaces... what the relation is?

Hi NT,

I am developing several indicators in a hyerarchical framework and need to make use of NS folders to keep things separate. While copying indicators from folder to folder NS Editor complains about namespaces issues. Is there a source where I can study what a folder is from a programmatic stand point? I can see that folder in NS Editor are "physically" created on filesystem, but is it true that when I create a folder in NS Editor I am actually creating a namespace? Please shed some light... thanks!

Hello afoschini,

Thank you for the post.

Making a folder or moving an existing file into a folder within the NinjaScript editor will automatically change the namespace of the script to the name of the folder for organizational purposes. If you move the script files into folders from the Windows file explorer, the indicator's namespace will not change.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chris, I re-edit this post to add a piece of information I would like to get confirmation on.

If I move script files into folders from the Windows file explorer, the indicator namespace will not change but what is really important, Ninjatrader won't allow to add the indicators moved into a chart. Altough if I edit the indicator with NS, modifying the namespace to match the folder I moved the indicator into, then NT will display the indicator into the indicator list and allow me to add to a chart. Is this the correct behaviour?

Thanks.

Andrea

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hello afoschini,

Thank you for the post.

Making a folder or moving an existing file into a folder within the NinjaScript editor will automatically change the namespace of the script to the name of the folder for organizational purposes. If you move the script files into folders from the Windows file explorer, the indicator's namespace will not change.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
      Last edited by afoschini; 10-29-2018, 04:54 AM. Reason: I re-edit this post to add a piece of information I would like to get confirmation on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Balage0922  
      Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post JoMoon2024