Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Set QuantityUpDown value from keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello PaulMohn,

Considering the above @Text.cs snippet, I believe I understand now your method need to be embedded in an other method without "sender and args"/a "non-event" method.

Is that right?
    I am not certain I understand what you are asking here but the @Text.cs would not be a recommendation for what you are trying to do because that uses a Drawing Object. You had the correct sample originally so you can continue using that.

If you now have it working then it sounds like you made the corrections needed. I wouldn't be able to make any suggestions on changing how the editor works for single/double digits as the quantity control is very limited in how it can be used. The value you set (qs.Value = num would need to be appended to for multiple digits but then you also have to worry about the cursor position in the box, that's really outside of what I could assist with as the control is closed source. If you wanted a more customizable control you would need to write your own WPF control to use for that purpose.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

I've finally deciphered sidlercom80's solution form post #5
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...19#post1092719

Sorry for the mix-up, I didn't doublechecked the username of post #5 previously and thought it was the OP
      (that was the source of the confusion about my spQtySelector1 mention)

sidlercom80's snippet
      PHP Code:
      spQtySelector1.PreviewKeyDown += (oe) =>
      {
           if (
      e.Key == Key.Delete || e.Key == Key.Back)
           {

e.Handled true;

spQtySelector1.Value 0;

if (
      PrintDetails)
                     Print(
      DateTime.Now " PositionSize1 changed to " spQtySelector1.Value);
           }
           if ((
      e.Key >= Key.D0 && e.Key <= Key.D9) || (e.Key >= Key.NumPad0 && e.Key <= Key.NumPad9))
           {

e.Handled true;

string number e.Key.ToString();

string newnumber spQtySelector1.Value.ToString();

number number.Replace("NumPad""");

number number.Replace("D""");

int num int.Parse(newnumber number);

spQtySelector1.Value num;

if (
      PrintDetails)
                Print(
           }
      }; 

My original interpretation error about sidlercom80's snippet was about the spQtySelector1. I thought first it was referring to a custom class (as mentioned in post #8).

But I don't understand the use of myQuantityUpDown/spQtySelector1. What does it come from? A custom class or something else?
      Then you corrected saying it was a variable in post #9

Those are variables, myQuantityUpDown is defined in the script you linked to near the top, spQtySelector1 was not in the linked file but that was included in this post as it was relevant to the original posters script.
      From your correction, I thought spQtySelector1 was a "regular" variable (like the ones we declare at the top just below the class).
      So I thought it had to be something like that:

PHP Code:
      public class BuyMktSellMktHotkeysQS Indicator
      {
           private 
      QtySelector spQtySelector1

but I wasn't convinced of it as it did not look like a "regular" variable (like ones like private QuantityUpDown myQuantityUpDown; ).

Then the compile error occurred dismissing that "regular" variable hypothesis.

I then decided to put the spQtySelector1 problem on hold as it was related to the multiple keystrokes input in the Quantity Selector problem, and i focused instead on solving the primary matter of the single digit input first.
      That lead me to the solution to the single digit problem laid out in post #15.

After that, returning to the multi digits problem, I got a provisory solution that got doubled the digit form the key pressed with this code:

PHP Code:
      private void On_Quantity_Selector_PreviewKeyDown(object senderKeyEventArgs p)
      {
           if (
      p.Key == Key.Delete || p.Key == Key.Back)
           {

p.Handled true;

NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown qs sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown;
                if (
      qs != nullqs.Value 0;
           }

if ((
      p.Key >= Key.D0 && p.Key <= Key.D9) || (p.Key >= Key.NumPad0 && p.Key <= Key.NumPad9))
           {

p.Handled true;

string number p.Key.ToString();

string newnumber p.Key.ToString();

newnumber newnumber.Replace("NumPad""");

newnumber newnumber.Replace("D""");

NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown qs sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown;
                if (
      qs != nullqs.Value num;
           }

That was a step forward in understanding the behavior, but not yet the end goal.

So then, after some pondering back about the spQtySelector1, I got an insight that it looked a bit like the qs variable in the code

PHP Code:
      if (
      qs != nullqs.Value 0

That lead me to think that maybe sidlercom80 meant that he had declared this code

PHP Code:
      NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown spQtySelector1 sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown

at the top just under the class as such

PHP Code:
      {

NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown spQtySelector1 sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown

and instead of

PHP Code:
      qs.Value 0

in your

PHP Code:
      if (qs != nullqs.Value 0

he used his

PHP Code:
      spQtySelector1.Value 0

and his

PHP Code:
      spQtySelector1.Value num

That revealed to be the major insight I needed. But I still got a compile error that the code

PHP Code:
      NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown qs sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown

was not in the correct place under the class.

Finally, I moved the

PHP Code:
      NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown qs sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown

at the top of the scope my PreviewKeyDown method as such

PHP Code:
      {

Then I could get sidlercom80 spQtySelector1 working as the qs .Value reference with my PreviewKeyDown method

The Working Snippet

PHP Code:
      {

if (
           {

p.Handled true;

qs.Value 0;

// NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown qs = sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown;
                // if (qs != null) qs.Value = 0;

}

if ((
      p.Key >= Key.D0 && p.Key <= Key.D9) || (p.Key >= Key.NumPad0 && p.Key <= Key.NumPad9))
           {

p.Handled true;

string newnumber qs.Value.ToString();

// newnumber = newnumber.Replace("NumPad", "");
                // newnumber = newnumber.Replace("D", "");

// NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown qs = sender as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown;

if (qs != nullqs.Value num;
           }

Demo
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Uq...ew?usp=sharing

That works now with my simpler to read (for my level) PreviewKeyDown method. I'll study your way of doing it next. Thanks!
      Last edited by PaulMohn; 02-20-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMohn View Post
        Hello Jesse,

I've finally deciphered sidlercom80's solution form post #5
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...19#post1092719

Sorry for the mix-up, I didn't doublechecked the username of post #5 previously and thought it was the OP
        (that was the source of the confusion about my spQtySelector1 mention)

sidlercom80's snippet
        PHP Code:
        spQtySelector1.PreviewKeyDown += (oe) =>
        {
        if (
        e.Key == Key.Delete || e.Key == Key.Back)
        {

e.Handled true;
        spQtySelector1.Value 0;

if (
        PrintDetails)
        Print(
        }
        if ((
        e.Key >= Key.D0 && e.Key <= Key.D9) || (e.Key >= Key.NumPad0 && e.Key <= Key.NumPad9))
        {

e.Handled true;
        string number e.Key.ToString();
        string newnumber spQtySelector1.Value.ToString();
        spQtySelector1.Value num;

if (
        PrintDetails)
        Print(
        }
        }; 

My original interpretation error about sidlercom80's snippet was about the spQtySelector1. I thought first it was referring to a custom class (as mentioned in post #8).

Then you corrected saying it was a variable in post #9

From your correction, I thought spQtySelector1 was a "regular" variable (like the ones we declare at the top just below the class).
        So I thought it had to be something like that:

PHP Code:
        {
        private 
        QtySelector spQtySelector1

but I wasn't convinced of it as it did not look like a "regular" variable (like ones like private QuantityUpDown myQuantityUpDown; ).

Then the compile error occurred dismissing that "regular" variable hypothesis.

I then decided to put the spQtySelector1 problem on hold as it was related to the multiple keystrokes input in the Quantity Selector problem, and i focused instead on solving the primary matter of the single digit input first.
        That lead me to the solution to the single digit problem laid out in post #15.

After that, returning to the multi digits problem, I got a provisory solution that got doubled the digit form the key pressed with this code:

PHP Code:
        {
        if (
        {
        p.Handled true;
        if (
        qs != nullqs.Value 0;
        }

if ((
        {
        p.Handled true;
        string newnumber p.Key.ToString();
        newnumber newnumber.Replace("NumPad""");
        newnumber newnumber.Replace("D""");
        if (
        qs != nullqs.Value num;
        }

That was a step forward in understanding the behavior, but not yet the end goal.

So then, after some pondering back about the spQtySelector1, I got an insight that it looked a bit like the qs variable in the code

PHP Code:
        if (
        qs != nullqs.Value 0

That lead me to think that maybe sidlercom80 meant that he had declared this code

PHP Code:

at the top just under the class as such

PHP Code:
        {

and instead of

PHP Code:
        qs.Value 0

in your

PHP Code:
        if (qs != nullqs.Value 0

he used his

PHP Code:
        spQtySelector1.Value 0

and his

PHP Code:
        spQtySelector1.Value num

That revealed to be the major insight I needed. But I still got a compile error that the code

PHP Code:

was not in the correct place under the class.

Finally, I moved the

PHP Code:

at the top of the scope my PreviewKeyDown method as such

PHP Code:
        {

Then I could get sidlercom80 spQtySelector1 working as the qs .Value reference with my PreviewKeyDown method

The Working Snippet

PHP Code:
        {

if (
        {
        p.Handled true;
        qs.Value 0;
        // if (qs != null) qs.Value = 0;
        }

if ((
        {
        p.Handled true;
        string newnumber qs.Value.ToString();
        // newnumber = newnumber.Replace("NumPad", "");
        // newnumber = newnumber.Replace("D", "");
        if (qs != nullqs.Value num;
        }

Demo
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Uq...ew?usp=sharing

That works now with my simpler to read (for my level) PreviewKeyDown method. I'll study your way of doing it next. Thanks!
        Hi PaulMohn,

So, with this implementation, the quantity does not need to be hard-coded in the indicator ... right ?

omololu

Comment

Hi omololu and thanks for the question. I'm not there yet but that would be a next step yes.
          Currently the demo shows (sorry I didn't record the output window) that when pressing the main keyboard keys 1 to 9 or the numeric pad keys 1 to 9 (while having first in the toolbar the cursor inside the Quantity Selector field and it being in focus in there), the corresponding key values are populated within the Quantity Selector field. That's the first step to getting the Quantity Selector operational from the Toolbar.

Next there are several possibilities to improve it (I don't know yet if it's possible from Ninjatrader itself).

Keeping the Quantity selector in the toolbar. To allow for manual "on the fly" input (not hardcoded) of quantity from the toolbar (removing the need for ChartTrader) while linking the selector (or selectors) to the script hotkeys.

Removing the Quantity selector from the toolbar and get it instead directly in the indicator properties for custom user input (to allow easier custom "preset" input (not hardcoded) by users from within the Data Series > Properties).

Also a beside point would be to allow for not hardcoded customization by the user of hotkeys keys also by user inputs in the properties (for example being able to record whatever keys or keys combination for a given hotkey function (Numpad4 (or any key-s) for BuyMkt instead of NumPad 7 for example).

I'll be looking into how they could be added for next shares.

I've found some info with examples and scripts

C# Tutorial - Create a Custom control | FoxLearn

How To Create Keyboard Shortcut Keys in C# Part 3 | Create Global Hotkeys Using RegisterHotKey API

Programminghowtoyt has 5 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

The Sharex App Uses an open source C# Hotkeys Controls recorder

How To Handle Keyboard Events In C# | KeyUp, KeyDown, KeyPress Method Simplified!
          Last edited by PaulMohn; 02-20-2022, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Hello Jesse, I'm trying to add the qs variable to the Hotkeys orders snippets as

The declaration of the qs variable
            PHP Code:
            namespace NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators
            {
            public class 
            BuyMktSellMktHotkeysQS Indicator
            {

// QS

private int qs;

The setting of the qs variable as the quantity 6th parameter both for the buyMktOrder and the sellMktOrder orders
            PHP Code:
            protected void ChartControl_PreviewKeyDown(object senderKeyEventArgs e)
            {

TriggerCustomEvent(=>
                 {

Order buyMktOrder null;

if (
            Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key.NumPad7))
                      {

buyMktOrder myAccount.CreateOrder(InstrumentOrderAction.BuyOrderType.MarketOrderEntry.ManualTimeInForce.Dayqs00"""buyMktOrder"+DateTime.Now.ToString(), DateTime.MaxValuenull);
                      }

myAccount.Submit(new[] { buyMktOrder });
                 }, 
            null);

e.Handled true;

TriggerCustomEvent(=>
                 {

Order sellMktOrder null;

if (
            Keyboard.IsKeyDown(Key.NumPad8))
                      {

sellMktOrder myAccount.CreateOrder(InstrumentOrderAction.SellOrderType.MarketOrderEntry.ManualTimeInForce.Dayqs00"""sellMktOrder"+DateTime.Now.ToString(), DateTime.MaxValuenull);
                      }

myAccount.Submit(new[] { sellMktOrder });
                 }, 
            null);

e.Handled true;

but it's not working when I press NumPad7 to enter a BuyMkt order.
            Instead of executing the order, it just removes the QuantitySelector from the Toolbar.

What do you suggest is causing this strange behavior?

What would fix it?

Thanks

Oh I just found this error in the Log Tab

Time Category Message
            21/02/2022 18:59:57 Default Error on triggering custom event for NinjaScript 'BuyMktSellMktHotkeysQS' on bar 5279: Order quantity has to be greater than 0 Parameter name: quantity

What's that error for? What's the fix? I've quickly search for a thread about that error but couldn't find any. Thanks.

Just so you know I typed 12 into the QuantitySelector field in the Toolbar so the quantity was greater than 0. Thanks.

A demo
            Last edited by PaulMohn; 02-21-2022, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Hello PaulMohn,

Based on the error you did not supply a valid quantity. For the quantity it looks like you just used the variable qs, if that is the quantity selector variable then you would need to use an actual value and not the selector its self. For example qs.Value

Comment

Thanks, do you mean putting qs.Value as the order parameter as

PHP Code:
                buyMktOrder  myAccount.CreateOrder(InstrumentOrderAction.BuyOrderType.MarketOrderEntry.ManualTimeInForce.Dayqs.Value00"""buyMktOrder"+DateTime.Now.ToString(), DateTime.MaxValuenull); 
                PHP Code:
                sellMktOrder myAccount.CreateOrder(InstrumentOrderAction.SellOrderType.MarketOrderEntry.ManualTimeInForce.Dayqs.Value00"""sellMktOrder"+DateTime.Now.ToString(), DateTime.MaxValuenull); 

I did so and I'm getting these two compile errors I don't find fixes for

NinjaScript File Error Code Line Column
                BuyMktSellMktHotkeysQS.cs 'int' does not contain a definition for 'Value' and no extension method 'Value' accepting a first argument of type 'int' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS1061 226 129
                NinjaScript File Error Code Line Column
                BuyMktSellMktHotkeysQS.cs 'int' does not contain a definition for 'Value' and no extension method 'Value' accepting a first argument of type 'int' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS1061 241 130

Comment

Hello PaulMohn,

.Value would be a property of a QuantityUpDown selector. Your qs variable is an integer (int) and not a QuantityUpDown selector.

Perhaps you should create a variable to hold the QuantityUpDown selector.

In the scope of the class:
                  Code:
                  NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown quantitySelector;
                  In OnStateChange():
                  Code:
                  if (ChartControl != null)
                  {
                  ChartControl.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync((Action)(() =>
                  {
                  quantitySelector = Window.GetWindow(ChartControl.Parent).FindFirst("ChartTraderControlQuantitySelector") as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown);
                  });
                  }
                  In the method you need this value:
                  Code:
                  Print(quantitySelector.Value);
                  Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea for the tips, I'll modify accordingly!

Comment

Chelsea I was getting errors (missing ";" end ")") with the anonymous function. I found your other post
                      Access Chart Trade QTY input from an indicator

The anonymous function fix (added a pair of parenthesis at (Window.... and at ...})); )

PHP Code:
                      ChartControl.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync((Action)(() =>
                      {

quantitySelector = (Window.GetWindow(ChartControl.Parent).FindFirst(" ChartTraderControlQuantitySelector") as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown);
                      })); 

Great many thanks Chelsea i got it working thanks to your help and Jesse's.
                      I've submitted it to the User App Share.
                      The full script attached
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PaulMohn; 02-24-2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Chelsea I had that extra idea in post #19 after omololu feedback.
                        Do you know if it is possible to add the Quantity Selector to the Properties as User Input field?
                        The goal would be to use it as an alternative to the hardcoded version (so users could type in their sizes in the properties rather that edit the script). Thanks!

Comment

Hello PaulMohn,

The quantity selector is a WPF control so that could not be used in the property grid, you would need to use an int or double public property to make a input for the user.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMohn View Post
                            Chelsea I was getting errors (missing ";" end ")") with the anonymous function. I found your other post
                            Access Chart Trade QTY input from an indicator

The anonymous function fix (added a pair of parenthesis at (Window.... and at ...})); )

PHP Code:
                            ChartControl.Dispatcher.InvokeAsync((Action)(() =>
                            {
                            quantitySelector = (Window.GetWindow(ChartControl.Parent).FindFirst(" ChartTraderControlQuantitySelector") as NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.QuantityUpDown);
                            })); 

Great many thanks Chelsea i got it working thanks to your help and Jesse's.
                            I've submitted it to the User App Share.
                            The full script attached
                            Hi PaulMohn,

There are some contents in the submitted file in the User App Share that are not meant to be there ... please, review the contents.

omololu

Comment

Originally posted by omololu View Post

Hi PaulMohn,

There are some contents in the submitted file in the User App Share that are not meant to be there ... please, review the contents.

omololu
                              Hi omololu. Thanks for letting me know. I see what you mean I've just downloaded it to check. There are 2 extra .zips (the ones from Jim's post I links in the share post)
                              Hi guys, Are there available order entry hot key that is based on the previous bar? Would like to implementorders by hot keys which could be quick &amp; less noticeable. Cheers, Leo

I think moderation added them as I linked the zips links in the description.
                              Should be ok as the titles are distinct. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                                Hello PaulMohn,

The quantity selector is a WPF control so that could not be used in the property grid, you would need to use an int or double public property to make a input for the user.

Thanks Jesse for letting me know. I'll test it asa.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post 00nevest