Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator not restored in workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator not restored in workspace

I have a custom indicator that is not restored when I reopen a saved workspace. Other indicators remain on the chart in the workspace.

Ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Are you seeing any errors in the log tab after restoring the workspace or opening the platform?

Generally, if there was an error on starting the item, you would see an error and it would not restore.

I look forwad to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The Log tab! Nice. I'm new to NT.

Two errors, one when closing, one when opening.

1. Could not save the indicator 'name'. There was an error generating the XML document.
      2. Failed to restore indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely the (a) implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

This is likely due to how the item was created, can you tell me is this an item you have made or one you have downloaded?

Most commonly this error relates to the following post surrounding serialization: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...43&postcount=2

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

The indicator was converted from an NT7 version and sent to me in the zip which was then imported.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for confirming.

In this case, if you have the source code you could modify it to correct the problem. Very likely you have the same situation as the previously linked forum post.

This can happen for other reasons though. If at all possible I would suggest contacting the person who converted it and ask if they can double check saving and loading a workspace. This would likely be the most efficient path to finding the solution.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

I have attached the indicator if you wouldn't mind reviewing it.
              Last edited by Trader_Mark; 08-10-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the file.

Yes, it looks like this is related to the forum post previously provided. The Brushes that this uses for the colors you can pick are not configured correctly.

They are almost right but missing one important part: XmlIgnore

I have attached a modified script that includes the XmlIgnore syntax.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I'm having a similar error with a custom indicator I downloaded from the community. After reload the platform indicator is not on the chart anymore a in logs I see this error:

2023-04-28 04:17:37:515|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
                  2023-04-28 04:34:26:037|0|4|Unhandled exception: There was an error reflecting type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Infinity.HalfT rend'.

I've attached the indicator file. Should I also submit log a trace files too? If soo pleate tell me how to proceed.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello cgvmlg,

The error usually means either the indicator code was modified after the indicator was changed or that the indicator was removed.

Are you able to create a new workspace, open a new chart with no template applied, add only this indicator, then save and close the workspace and reopen it and reproduce the error?
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                      Hello cgvmlg,

The error usually means either the indicator code was modified after the indicator was changed or that the indicator was removed.

Are you able to create a new workspace, open a new chart with no template applied, add only this indicator, then save and close the workspace and reopen it and reproduce the error?
                      Same error after follow your steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_129.png
Views:	152
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1248823

Comment

Hello cgvmlg,

I've tested on my end and was not able to reproduce.

Below is a link to a video of the test.

This would imply the script code is not the issue, but instead an issue with the environment.

May I confirm you are using 8.1.1.4?

Please try creating a blank new workspace. Then close all other open workspaces.

Restart NinjaTrader and confirm there is no error.

Then add a new chart and the indicator, ensure the indicator is working, then save and close the workspace and re-open.
                        Are you still getting the error? (If so, I will want to connect with you to investigate further)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                          Hello cgvmlg,

I've tested on my end and was not able to reproduce.

Below is a link to a video of the test.

This would imply the script code is not the issue, but instead an issue with the environment.

May I confirm you are using 8.1.1.4?

Please try creating a blank new workspace. Then close all other open workspaces.

Restart NinjaTrader and confirm there is no error.

Then add a new chart and the indicator, ensure the indicator is working, then save and close the workspace and re-open.
                          Are you still getting the error? (If so, I will want to connect with you to investigate further)
                          Hi ChelseaB,

1. I can confirm last version 8.1.1.4 is installed from yesterday. That was the first thing I tried.

2. After create a blank workspace and restart there is no error.

3. After adding the indicator to a new chart and save it I get this error:

Name:	Screenshot_131.png
Views:	114
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1248845

4. When reloading the workspace get this one:

Name:	Screenshot_132.png
Views:	110
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1248846

I'm also experiencing low performance on charts even with a robust computer with 64gb of RAM and RTX 4070ti GPU.

Comment

Hello cgvmlg,

The error reflecting type error when saving would suggest an error in the code, but I am not reproducing on my end as demonstrated in the video. I am also not seeing anything that should cause this in the code on review.

May I have you create a clean environment test folder, then import the same .zip file you have provided here on the forum?

To create a clean temporary NinjaTrader folder:
                            • Shutdown NinjaTrader
                            • Rename (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\ to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8.original\
                            • Download the NinjaTrader installation package from the link below
                            • https://account.ninjatrader.com/welcome-download
                            • Run the repair from this (if the repair is unsuccessful, uninstall and then re-install NinjaTrader)
                            This will recreate the NinjaTrader 8 folder in (My) Documents.

Import the indicator and test once more.

After, to switch back to your original environment:
                            • Shutdown NinjaTrader
                            • Rename (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8.test\
                            • Rename (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8.original to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\
                            • Start NinjaTrader

Regarding performance, this is typically due to the CPU being overloaded for a specific logical processor.

Below is a link to a forum post on performance.
                            Hello All, I am using NT8 8.0.17.2. My workspace has been essentially static for more then six months, meaning no new indicators or growth in windows open or

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by knowmad, Today, 03:52 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post knowmad
                            by knowmad

Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, Today, 03:42 AM
                            0 responses