Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

VS AddOn Solution Example

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VS AddOn Solution Example

I was creating my own VS Solution for an AddOn I am developing. I noticed in the AddOn example that the two NinjaTrader dll's that are referenced are the NinjaTrader.Core and the NinjaTrader.Gui which are located in the "bin" directory.

I use the x64 version of NT8. Should I have the solution reference the dll's in the bin64 directory? Because when I change the references to the dll's in the bin64 directory in the example solution I receive a number of errors. Are there specifics to creating a custom dll targeted for x64?

Thank you for your question GrumpyTrader. Would it be possible to share some representative error output? Add-on development is an emerging area in NinjaTrader 8, and the messages you received may benefit other users in the community.

Generally speaking, opening the 32 bit version of Ninja should output 32 bit binaries, and the 64 bit version should output multilib (32 and 64 bit system compatible) binaries. The dll files in the bin (as opposed to bin64) directory Ninja references by default should be the right ones for most configurations.

If you need more control over how things are targeted, so that you can for example target 64 bit systems exclusively, you will want to configure your output through the C# project file, rather than changing your input libraries. Toward the bottom of bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj , you will find this code, which you can replace by your own code to target different platforms :

Code:
      <!-- To modify your build process, add your task inside one of the targets below and uncomment it. 
           Other similar extension points exist, see Microsoft.Common.targets.
      <Target Name="BeforeBuild">
      </Target>
      <Target Name="AfterBuild">
      </Target>
      -->
    This publicly available stack overflow page is a good starting point when manually targeting different platforms.

I've got an x86 Visual Studio solution with many project files in it. Some of the DLL files are designed to work as plug-ins to other applications on a user's system. We're expanding some of the DLL

Please remember that this file is a generated file; you will want to keep back-ups of this file somewhere where Ninja can not stomp it on start-up.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Perr0Grande  
    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes