Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple Demo accounts for strategies of same symbol simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Demo accounts for strategies of same symbol simultaneously?

So I know you can request multiple live accounts from NT for real $$ trading but I am trying to see if you can do real time simulation of multiple strategies on the same future, which I believe necessitates multiple Demo "accounts."

1. If I right-click in the account tab, I can add a new sim account (only seems to show momentarily and then won't reappear later). I also can't add a strategy to one of these accounts (doesn't show up in the dropdowns in the strategy editor).
    2. I currently pay for live market data so don't want a "Sim" account (my understanding is that these use simulated data and I need tick data). So this would mean I need multiple "Demo" accounts?

Does NT allow this or is there some setting or other bit I missed?

Thanks,
    Tony

Hello tony_28217,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

May I confirm you have Multi-provider mode enabled to use Sim accounts?

Sim accounts do not only use the Simulated Data Feed. These use the data provided by the connected brokerage or data provider.
    (If you happen to be connected to the Simulated Data Feed, this would be data source connected)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You always have the answers. Thanks Chelsea!

Comment

Hi, just jumping in this topic. Long time trader but new to NT. I have a funded live account. I trade using NT desktop on windows 11. I have a data plan for CME only. I am looking to test utilizing two sim accounts, each on a separate pc. I followed the above and enabled multi-provider. I'm guessing that my desktop on pc1 isn't synced with pc2. They are two separate devices. Can I use pc1 with account Sim1 and pc2 with account Sim2? Thanks Josef

Comment

Hello svikari,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Unfortunately Sim accounts are local accounts that are on the local computer only and are not submitted to any server.
          These will not appear on any other computer.
          I would recommend using a demo account instead as demo accounts are on a demo brokerage server and the orders actually leave the local computer.

Comment

Thanks Chelsea,
            Sorry I am still learning the platform. With a funded account I have one unlimited sim account? Or can I have multiple unlimited sim? I can just use these accounts on one PC no problem if need be. I don't mind if they aren't accessible on both pc I can just dedicate one for NT.
            I also thought regular demo accounts only lasted 14 days (trial demos).
            Thanks

Comment

Hello svikari,

There are local Sim accounts (such as the Sim101) built-in to the desktop application, of which you can have many accounts (as much as the database can store) and these do not expire,
              Orders to Sim accounts do not leave the local computer and are processed by the built in Simulation Engine.

Then there are DEMO accounts on a brokerage demo server.
              Orders to these accounts do leave your computer and would be seen by the webtrader when logged into the demo account as well as another computer logged into the demo account.
              Demos from NinjaTrader Brokerage last for 14 days and typically only one is provided.
              However, you may want to contact the NinjaTrader Brokerage team to see if an exception could be made.

Your live account is on the live brokerage servers and orders placed to this account would also leave the computer and would update on the webtrader and another connected computer.

Comment

Thank you for the clarifications!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I think the Sim accounts are perfect for my testing. I will sit down and figure out my plan. Thanks so much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 10:02 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post WHICKED
                by WHICKED

Started by ngchun1, Today, 09:29 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes