Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fictitious instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fictitious instrument

Is it possible to create a fictitious instrument and load it with tick data from a file? The instrument would display bars on a chart and be functional within Strategy Analyzer.

For example, export tick data from days of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC days). Merge the files into one large file and then import that file into Ninjatrader historical database as a Custom Instrument. I want to see on a chart all the FOMC days lined up in one continuous stream without breaks, and capable of strategy testing on Strategy Analyzer.

I tried doing this but a new chart will not display any bars or axis scale and appears to be hanged but not displaying "Loading". I conclude this is because the fictitious instrument is not available from my broker, Ninjatrader.

Hello Camdo,

Thank you for your post.

Instruments can be created in the Tools -> Instruments window by clicking the add on the bottom right.

Managing Instruments - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...e_database.htm

Data can then be imported in the Tools -> Historical Data window -> on the Load tab -> in the Import section.

The filename will determine what instrument the data is imported to.

Please see the Help Guide page below on importing and understanding import file and data formats:

HTML Code:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?importing.htm#UnderstandingImportFileAndDataFormats
    Please let me know if you have any further questions.​
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think it's a good idea to start with a smaller set of data to see if everything works okay. Also, looking at NinjaTrader's log files might help you figure out if something's not right.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes