Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NQ Strategy Analyzer contract data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NQ Strategy Analyzer contract data

Hello there!
    I've not worked much on/with the NQ market and during recent backtests in the strategy analyzer I'm seeing a "gap" from the 13th Sep 2023 to 28th Nov 2023 with no contract data, so it seems. Does it have to do something with the NQ market, or is this some issue within the historical/test data? This gap is present for any strategy and is not strategy specific, it's as if this time period is simply skipped over. I was connected the entire time and with no other markets did this happen before.

Hello Human#102,

Thank you for your post.

It seems there was an issue with the attachment and I am unable to view the image. Please try attaching it again to your next response. So I may assist you more accurately, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)
    • Do you see similar/unexpected results when running the same test on the SampleMaCrossOver strategy in NinjaTrader with the same settings as your strategy?
    • What instrument(s) (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?
      • You mentioned NQ; what contract month and year are you using?
    • What Data Series Type have you selected? Example: Tick, Minute, Day
    • If you open a chart for the same instrument(s) and the same date range, then right-click the chart and select 'Reload all historical data' is the historical data showing on the chart?
    • Is your strategy a multi-instrument or multi-time frame strategy?
    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to further investigating this item.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Emily,
      Here's the image attached again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	23
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	1296048
      Ich hope this time it works out. My current version is: 8.1.1.7 64-bit.
      Most information you've asked for should be visible in the image. This gap, as seen by the clear flat line visually, appears on every strategy I've tried it with, including the sample strategy. I'm not receiving any errors.

Comment

Hello Human#102,

Thank you for your reply.

Our development team is currently investigating the cause of a similar behavior. I suspect you may be affected by this same item, though to confirm I will need to review your diagnostic files sent through the platform. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default. Please also expand the item for Other Files and select 'Database file' - be sure to include "ATTN Emily C" in the subject line along with a link to this forum thread in the body of the email. This will ensure the information is routed directly to me so I can continue to assist with this item and help you to identify a resolution.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and look forward to resolving this item with you.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post pibrew
        by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
        1 response