Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visual Studio 2022 performance slow and unusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visual Studio 2022 performance slow and unusable

When running VS2022 with the NinjaTrader.Custom project loaded without NT8 running I can move around the code/IDE and everything is normal. However, when I start NT8 with one chart running one non-resource intensive custom indicator VS is unusable. It takes 10 seconds to move to a new line or type a character. I am running my development environment and NT8 on an Azure VM (Standard D2 v3, vCPUs = 2, RAM = 8 GiB, OS=Windows 10 Pro)​. I have wiped NT8 and reinstalled multiple times, disabled multiple features in VS associated with poor performance (code lens, extensions, etc) to no avail. Please, any help is greatly appreciated as I am at a standstill.

Hello love2code2trade,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend checking out the recommendations from Microsoft's website:

Explore tips to improve and optimize certain Visual Studio features that you might not be using to help improve performance.

I also suggest checking if your Visual Studio has any extensions running and disable those. Items that check code or run analysis over the code are generally going to create more CPU use in VS, having the project open should be very minimal CPU use.

The NinjaTrader project is a large project which has many files so some performance toll for memory could be expected.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post pibrew
    by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
    1 response