Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

voice recording sounds for alert sounds not appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voice recording sounds for alert sounds not appearing

i'm making alerts for events that happen on futures products. and, i realized that i'll have a lot of alerts playing the same sound. i won't realize what chart to open. so i decided to download a microsoft voice recording app. the only thing is though i can't see the files. i click select file from within the strategy builder and they're not there. any suggestions?

and, if there are multiple alerts in the control panel \ strategies window. and they all play alert sounds. will it show which one just played the sound?
    Attached Files

i dowloaded audacity. it exports to .wav. problem fixed

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your notes.

I am happy to hear you were able to resolve this.

Keep in mind that NinjaTrader requires .wav files for custom sounds you want to use on the platform, such as calling PlaySound() in NinjaScript

From the PlaySound() help guide page:

"The underlying framework used to play the sound requires the audio file to be in PCM .wav format. Using another file format such as will generate an error at runtime."

PlaySound(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../playsound.htm
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

many thanks. its a sweet feature. it helps where i don't have to pay so close attention all the time. and, then i figured out a way to code the entry i was doing. and, its more accurate because sometimes i'm slow to move on the hot key.

question. i'm going to have some colleagues use the same workspace as me including the chart layouts and indicator defaults etc. do the sounds come with when i make a copy for my colleague? or is that something i need to ensure gets downloaded seperately?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your notes.

You would need to make sure that you provide your colleagues with the sound files separately so they can add them to the appropriate NinjaTrader folder.

Sounds are stored in the C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\sounds folder.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

okay awesome. thanks for that info. right on. it took me a bit to find a program that could convert the file to wav. but they all sucked. the program i did find just records voice straight to wav. i just have simple alert speaking the time frame and product as the alert sound so i can look at the appropriate chart. thanks again!

Comment

Hello SteveReiza

There is a simpler way to do the voice stuff than recording/converting...use the site Realistic Text to Speech converter & AI Voice generator (speechgen.io) to convert text directly into WAV. It is as simple as can be...pick a free voice (I use Joanna), type in your text, select the WAV format, mash the button and download the file. It is free, there is no signup, and your colleagues won't have to listen to you telling them what to do all day!

Comment

awesome. sweet i'll check it out. i was thinking the same thing. would be nice to have a sexy british accent telling us what to look at rather than me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post carnitron  
                Started by strategist007, Today, 07:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post strategist007