Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Remove order-related buttons in SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove order-related buttons in SuperDOM

What lines in the SuperDOM code could I comment out (//) in order to hide all the order-related buttons and boxes to see only the DOM?

I'm not understanding why there isn't simply a DOM available? The main reason for me is the SuperDOM is not in sync w/ the Chart Tracker, so it's confusing.

Hello sastrades,

Thank you for your post.

The SuperDOM is designed to be an order entry window; removing/modifying the existing functionality of the platform is not supported so we are not able to advise on how to remove the order-related buttons. With that said, thank you for your suggestion to have an option for a DOM only without order entry buttons. We have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team and will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

As for the SuperDOM not being in sync with the Chart Trader, I suspect that what you have described is a behavior we refer to as "chart rendering delay" which can be caused by even a single "bad" configuration in your workspace or by having so many active calculations in the platform that you are overloading your PC's available resources for the platform. We have a basic list of performance tips in our help guide that could help you to optimize the performance and loading of your charts:

Some of the most common items I have seen are related to having too many days loading on your charts; you may review the number of days to load with these steps:
    • Right-click a chart and select Data Series
    • In the "Time Frame" section reduce the number of days to load
    • Click OK to save your changes and test
    Another item that can place a heavier load on your system is the method of calculation for indicators on your charts. Use these steps to review/adjust the configuration:
    • Right-click a chart and select Indicators
    • For each "configured" indicator on the bottom left-hand list, double-check the "Calculation" property to the right. Unless an indicator requires On Each Tick, please try changing to On Price Change or On Bar Close as these calculations are less resource-intensive than On Each Tick
    • Click OK to save any changes
    Finally, there is even a diagnostic test you could try at the moment when your charts seem to be lagging behind real-time data. To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send us a screenshot of its contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    If there are any third-party add-ons that you no longer use, please see the page below for steps on how to remove these items from your platform:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance. I will follow up once I have the tracking ID for the feature request.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

SuperDOM and Chart Trader are NOT in sync (see screenshot attached), even if 'number of days to load' is set to 5. If I change the 'Quantity' in SDOM, then at some point, decide to right-click in the chart to set a trade, or enter a trade from w/in CT, the quantity entered is that of the CT. I find this in many, nearly all of NT. It's as if NT was developed in parts and never linked together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nt-sdom-ct.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1288642

Comment

Originally posted by sastrades View Post
        SuperDOM and Chart Trader are NOT in sync (see screenshot attached), even if 'number of days to load' is set to 5. If I change the 'Quantity' in SDOM, then at some point, decide to right-click in the chart to set a trade, or enter a trade from w/in CT, the quantity entered is that of the CT. I find this in many, nearly all of NT. It's as if NT was developed in parts and never linked together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nt-sdom-ct.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1288642
        Thank you for the additional details.

My initial understanding was that the price was not in sync between the SuperDOM and the Chart Trader. I now understand you are trying to modify the quantity for order placement and have that change in both windows. When placing orders via a chart, the trade controls are determined by the Chart Trader and not the SuperDOM. Windows may be linked with an instrument link, though this does not link the trade controls between windows:

The Chart Trader and the SuperDOM are two separate order entry windows:

If you'd like, I can submit a feature request to link Trade Controls between two order entry windows. Please confirm if this is what you are looking for in the platform and I will gladly submit the request.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
          If you'd like, I can submit a feature request to link Trade Controls between two order entry windows. Please confirm if this is what you are looking for in the platform and I will gladly submit the request.
          Don't bother... Rarely are any of the feature requests ever implemented.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes