Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

price greater than 5 below keltner and price less than 5 above keltner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price greater than 5 below keltner and price less than 5 above keltner

i'm trying to have an entry when price is between 5 below keltner and 5 above keltner one bar ago. i attached a screen shot of my strategy. is that correct?
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

Thank you for your post.

Rather than asking "is that correct?" please test your strategy and see if the entry is being submitted as expected. If you are getting a different behavior than expected, please report back with what you expected to happen vs. how your strategy behaved when tested.

What I see based on your screenshot is that the condition is checking the following:
    if the KeltnerChannel midline from 1 bar ago is greater than the Bollinger upper from 1 bar ago
    AND
    if the current bar's time of day is greater than or equal to 12:30 AM
    AND
    if the current bar's time of day is less than 12:58 PM
    AND
    if the price from 1 bar ago is less than or equal to the KelnterChannel midline from 1 bar ago + 5 ticks
    AND
    if the price from 1 bar ago is greater than or equal to the KeltnerChannel midline from 1 bar ago - 5 ticks

If all of those conditions are met, then the action is to submit a buy market entry order, however, you seem to have the quantity set to 0. This will likely need to be modified to test your strategy accurately.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. i tested the strategy. i got results on the less than 5 keltner and greater than -5 keltner line. but when i put the price to equal individually 5, 4, 3 and so on keltner line i didn't get any trades. any suggestions or advice? i should have received trades because there were some in that range.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveReiza View Post
        thanks for the reply. i tested the strategy. i got results on the less than 5 keltner and greater than -5 keltner line. but when i put the price to equal individually 5, 4, 3 and so on keltner line i didn't get any trades. any suggestions or adivice? i should have received trades because there were some in that range.
        To better understand why you did not see trades when you were expecting them, please add prints and enable TraceOrders in your strategy:Trace Orders may be enabled on the "Default Properties" screen of the Strategy Builder:

Once you have added prints and/or enabled Trace Orders, please open a Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output window and leave that window open while running your strategy. The output that appears there offers additional insight regarding your strategy's behavior and can help to understand when orders are triggered or not as well as why orders might be ignored or rejected. If you are unsure as to the meaning of the output, you may right-click the NinjaScript Output window and Save As to create a text file that may be attached to your response here.

Thank you for your time and patience.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks. i found out what happened. i was missing a condition.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Karado58, 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Option Whisperer  
          Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:05 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes