Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Daily Bars that Reset Every 2.5 Days: How to Make Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bars that Reset Every 2.5 Days: How to Make Them?

Hello Ninjatrader & Friends,

I would like to create a Daily bar chart that prints a new bar every 2.5 days.

The standard Daily chart style does not allow me to input decimals, so I attempted to create one with the Minute chart style using 3600 minutes.

However, the problem when using the Minute chart style is that it continues to count over the weekend (even if my trading hours template is NOT including any weekend days).

Any tips on how to proceed?

Hello GLFX005​,

Thank you for reaching out.

The time frames that will be seen on the charts is controlled by the Trading Hours template.

You may view what template is in use on the chart by right clicking > Data Series > Data Section > Trading hours Template. When "< Use instrument settings>" is selected, NinjaTrader uses the hours that are defined in the instrument itself.​

Varrious Trading Hours templates are defined within the platform and you can use the suggested Instrument settings, select a different trading hours template, or create your own custom template for the times and days you want plotted and considered on the chart. Ultimately, the trading hours template that is used is completely up to the user.
    • If you want to create your own, I suggest "Copying" one of the templates that most closely matches your desired days/times and then adjusting it accordingly. This ensures it has a Unique name and that you easily copy over all of the Holidays.
    • Please see the link below for more information on creating and modifying a Trading Hours Template:
    As a side note:

Daily Charts are not affected by the Trading Hours template as they are built using Daily bars which come from the provider as a Daily bar.

A 1440 Minute chart (Number of minutes in a day) would be affected by the Trading hours template since it is being built from Minute Bars and then refined by the Trading Hours template.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Erick,

Thank you for your reply.

Please follow these steps to see if my issue occurs on your end too.

Create a new chart for the ES contract. Set it to 3600 minutes with a look back period from 1 November 2023 until Today, and use the CME US Index Futures ETH as the Trading Hours template.

Now, scroll your cursor back a few bars. Do you see the red one that is printed on the 30th of December 2023 at 13:45 Central Time (Default Timezone)? This bar was printed on a Saturday. How is that possible if the trading hours template does not have a Saturday?

Please let me know what you see on your end, I will attach a screenshot of what I am seeing on my end.​
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1286096

Comment

Hello GLFX005 ,

Thank you for your message.

I was not able to reproduce this on my end with the 3600min chart using the CME US Inded Futures ETH Trading hours template.

​​ image widget

Can you please go to Tools -> Database Management -> and Update Trading Hours Templates?

Then go back to your Chart, apply the trading hours, and then Right click within the chart and Reload All Historical data.

Does the bar correct itself?

If not, what happens when you set the Trading hours to use the "Use Instrument settings" then reloading the data?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hello Erick,

I have followed your instructions and I can confirm that the phenomenon in my earlier post still persists. I can see a bar printed on the 30th of December. Interestingly, when using the Default 24/5 trading hours template, the 30th of December print suddenly disappears! Intriguing, don't you think?

Comment

Hello GLFX005​,

Thank you for your message.

You may be on an outdated version of NT8 Desktop.

You can verify what version you are on by going to the Help tab and clicking on "about"

Can you send me a screenshot of what you see in this window so we can confirm.

We look forward to hearing from you.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM