Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Seeking Advice on NinjaTrader Lifetime License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking Advice on NinjaTrader Lifetime License

Hey everyone,

I'm currently eyeing a lifetime license with NinjaTrader, primarily for diving into volume analysis and actively trading futures. My plan is to trade directly using NinjaTrader's own brokerage. But, I've got a few questions I'm hoping you folks can help me with.

First up, I'm trying to get a handle on the Order Flow package. Does it cover all the bases? I mean, is it compatible with the standard data package NinjaTrader offers for trading purposes? I'm especially keen to know whether it provides comprehensive volume data, including those crucial Level 2 details.

Another thing on my mind is the indicator editor. Has it changed recently, or is it still the good old one I'm used to? I'm looking to get creative with custom indicators and strategies, so that's pretty key for me.

Lastly, I'm thinking about broker options. Can I integrate external brokers like IC Markets, and manage my trades directly through NinjaTrader?

Really appreciate any insights you guys can share. Thanks a ton!

Order Flow Package

The Order Flow package is a powerful tool for analyzing order flow and market sentiment. It provides comprehensive volume data, including Level 2 details, which can be helpful for identifying potential trading opportunities. The Order Flow package is compatible with the standard data package that NinjaTrader offers for trading purposes.

Here are some of the key features of the Order Flow package:
    • Real-time and historical data: The Order Flow package provides real-time and historical data for all markets that NinjaTrader supports. This allows you to see how order flow has developed over time and to identify trends and patterns.
    • Depth of market (DOM): The Order Flow package provides a DOM window that shows the current order book for a selected market. This can be helpful for identifying liquidity and potential trading opportunities.
    • Order imbalance: The Order Flow package calculates and displays order imbalance, which is the difference between the number of buy orders and sell orders for a selected market. Order imbalance can be a valuable indicator of market sentiment.
    • Charting: The Order Flow package integrates with NinjaTrader's charting capabilities, so you can easily visualize order flow data alongside price data.

Indicator Editor

The NinjaTrader indicator editor has been enhanced over the years, but it still retains the same basic functionality that traders are familiar with. It is a powerful tool for creating custom indicators and strategies.

Here are some of the key features of the indicator editor:
    • Drag-and-drop interface: The indicator editor has a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to create and modify indicators.
    • Support for multiple data types: The indicator editor supports multiple data types, including price, volume, and order flow data.
    • Advanced scripting capabilities: The indicator editor supports advanced scripting capabilities, allowing you to create complex indicators and strategies.

External Brokers

Yes, you can integrate external brokers with NinjaTrader, including IC Markets. This allows you to manage your trades directly through NinjaTrader, even if you are not using NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Here are some of the benefits of integrating external brokers with NinjaTrader:
    • Access to a wider range of markets: External brokers may offer access to a wider range of markets than NinjaTrader Brokerage.
    • Lower commissions: External brokers may offer lower commissions than NinjaTrader Brokerage.
    • Greater flexibility: You can use NinjaTrader with any external broker that supports industry-standard FIX protocol.

To integrate an external broker with NinjaTrader, you will need to download and install the broker's API and configure NinjaTrader to connect to the broker. You can find instructions on how to do this on the broker's website.

Overall, the NinjaTrader Lifetime License is a valuable option for traders who want to use a powerful and versatile trading platform and who are committed to the long term. The Order Flow package, indicator editor, and external broker integration capabilities make NinjaTrader a compelling choice for traders who want to analyze order flow, create custom indicators and strategies, and trade with a variety of brokers.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Hello lukkval,

Thank you for your post.

The OrderFlow+ package comes with the following features:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._flow_plus.htm

How can I add NinjaTrader's OrderFlow+ feature to my account?: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...-to-My-Account

It does not include level 2 data. You would need to obtain level 2 data from a data provider of your choice.

Please see this Help Guide page that goes over how the NinjaScript Wizard works:
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../ns_wizard.htm

You can purchase the multiple broker add-on to connect to an account with a supported third-party broker.
      https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

The supported brokers are:
      Please let us know if you have any other questions.
      Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hold on a sec ...

Didn't the entire concept of 'license' go away?

AFAIK, NinjaTrader no longer sells lifetime licenses, nor
        any licenses at all -- everything going forward is now
        subscription based, right?

For users who previously bought lifetime licenses,
        NinjaTrader has a process on their website to 'import'
        your license key, which enables the entitlements all the
        new folks will need to subscribe to.

That is, importing a M/B lifetime license means you get
        the multi broker addon for free, but new users must forever
        pay a $99 monthly subscription for this feature.

Am I wrong?
        Last edited by bltdavid; 12-26-2023, 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hello,

Correct, we are no longer offering licenses. Accounts can be upgraded to different account plans.

Please see the support page linked below on Account plans.

https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...r-Account-Plan
          Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Balage0922  
          Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
          0 responses