Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

spoofing on chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoofing on chart trader

i trade really fast 35 second chart. and, i need to have a buy pending order and a sell pending order at the same time on the chart. both are legit as they have particular percentages or price volume attached to them. but, the chart trader doesn't let me have both. is there a way to do it?

additionally out of curiosity, the orders are locally on the chart not submitted to the exchange. are spoofing inquiries related to orders parked at the exchange? such as this JPMorgan is set to pay US$1B in record spoofing penalty - BNN Bloomberg​. are they running a proprietary trading platform at their trading desk that parks orders not locally? seems dumb.

Hello SteveReiza,

When you submit orders using the chart trader those are submitted immediately to the broker and exist on the exchange. The only type of orders that are not submitted to an exchange immediately are simulated orders which resides locally on your PC and then are submitted once the market reaches that price. To make simulated orders in the chart trader you can right click the chart trader and choose simulated order.

To submit two orders, one in each direction you can use limit orders.

If one of those orders needs to be cancelled when the other fills you need to use the OCO feature. You can right click on the chart trader and click OCO to enable OCO mode then submit a buy limit order at the price you wanted and then submit a sell limit order at the price you wanted. After doing that right click the chart trader and click OCO again to disable OCO mode. Once one of the orders is met it will cancel the other.

I would not be able to comment on the link you provided, we would have no information about that.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the reply. I'm still getting the same message though when i try and right click again and put an order on the chart. The help link you attached doesn't have anything in it. Its says Page Not Found.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

In this case your question involves ATM strategies and not manually placed orders. Exit orders for ATM's need to be configured in the template. If you wanted to do something more advanced where you submit opposite orders and do logic similar to the ATM you would have to use a NinjaScript strategy and the unmanaged approach.

If you are having trouble with the link I would suggest to right click the link and copy link address then paste the URL into the browser address bar
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alright, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Anfedport  
          Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM