Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What is version of C# in Ninjatrade 8.1.1.7 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is version of C# in Ninjatrade 8.1.1.7 64-bit

Hello,

what is version of C#? i am using Visual Studio and I see warning:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	91
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1281899
    I checkd out for EDE0018 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/do...-rules/ide0018 and figured out it is supported in C# 7. So Is it possible to upgrade version or is it possible to "lower" version in visual studio?

Thanks for help​

Hello kujista,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader Desktop version 8.1.1.7 uses C# 5. If you were to update to the latest version, 8.1.2.1, the compiler has been updated to use Roslyn and supports C# features up to version 8. This is noted in the release notes here:

Changing the version of C# used for Visual Studio is not a NinjaTrader-specific item. You would need to search for the steps through Visual Studio support or other third-party resources, such as the following publicly available link from the Microsoft website:
    Learn about how the C# language version is determined based on your project and the reasons behind that choice. Learn how to override the default manually.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I update NT to 8.1.2.1 and now I am facing issue that compilation process is "in loop" it does not end..
      see:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	72
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	1282014
      i also reinstalled ninjatrader but issue still persist.
      Can you give me some advice?​

Comment

Hello kujista,

Thank you for your reply.

We have had some, but not all, of our users affected by this behavior after updating to version 8.1.2. This has already been reported to the development team and I have added this information to the report.

To assist with testing this behavior on our end, please follow these steps to send me a copy of your NinjaScript files in a support email (do not share these files publicly on the support forum please):
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Open a Windows file explorer and navigate to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder
          • Copy the AddOns, Indicators, and Strategies folders to your desktop
        • Next, navigate to the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder and copy the Config.xml file to your desktop
        • Go to your desktop. Select the AddOns, Indicators, and Strategies folders as well as the Config.xml file (this may be done while holding the Ctrl button while selecting each item)
          • Right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
          • Give the folder a name
        • Finally, draft an email to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the .zip folder attached. Include "ATTN Emily C" in the subject line along with a link to this forum thread in the body of the email
        Once I receive these files, I will respond to the email to confirm and will let you know if we need anything else. I plan to forward the files to development to aid them in testing and reproducing this behavior.

Otherwise, you may need to uninstall version 8.1.2.1 from the Windows Control Panel and re-install version 8.1.1.7 until further notice. This version is available in the account portal under the "prior releases" section on the right-hand side of the downloads page:

Thanks in advance for your assistance.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AaronKoRn  
        Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
        0 responses