Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is the 8.0.28.x branch maintained, or obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the 8.0.28.x branch maintained, or obsolete?

Hello,

Can you please tell me if the 8.0.28.0 branch is now effectively dead, or will it be supported/fixed going forward?

Specifically, will any bugs confirmed in 8.0.28.0 be fixed in a new 8.0.28.x release (indeed - will there be any new 8.0.28.x releases?), or would users be forced to change to 8.1 (I will not say 'upgrade'!) to get those fixes?

An answer to this is really necessary for me to decide what investments in time I make going forward, so if you do not have an answer, I would appreciate it if you could seek clarification from the company as to what the answer may be.

Thank you.

I think you know the answer.

I asked that same question here.

I believe this is the best summary,

Even though 8.0.28.0 is available for download
    as a prior release, it is 'clearly not supported',
    just like 7.0.1000.43 is 'clearly not supported'.

I say this is 'clearly not supported' because
    neither of these releases are getting any recent
    fixes from development -- which reflects exactly
    what has been previously announced.

But yeah,
    I'm curious as to any new updates on this ...

Comment

Yes, I 'think' I know the answer, but it's one I do not like, and I was seeking a proper answer from the source before I made any significant decisions. I'd already been told when I reported a bug, that unless it was tested on the latest build, it would not be put forward to NT developers. Of course, it went no further as I am not going to do that, but it's still there. `I'm on the ledge here really, after all the issues, and just seeking a push, one way or the other. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by pjsmith View Post
        Hello,

Can you please tell me if the 8.0.28.0 branch is now effectively dead, or will it be supported/fixed going forward?

Specifically, will any bugs confirmed in 8.0.28.0 be fixed in a new 8.0.28.x release (indeed - will there be any new 8.0.28.x releases?), or would users be forced to change to 8.1 (I will not say 'upgrade'!) to get those fixes?

An answer to this is really necessary for me to decide what investments in time I make going forward, so if you do not have an answer, I would appreciate it if you could seek clarification from the company as to what the answer may be.

Thank you.
        Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As my colleague stated in the thread that bltdavid linked, "all future/pending fixes and improvements will be made to NinjaTrader Desktop (8.1) going forward."
        The most recent '8.0' release is 8.0.27.1. But this is now the prior release. Will there be any more releases on the '8.0' branch? Why do I ask? This thread (https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/ninjatrader-8/platform-technical-support-aa/1227713-problem-with-ntdirect-dll-since-updating-to-8-0-27-0-64-bit?p=1228428#post1228428

Version 8.0.28.0 itself only contained one fix to update a necessary CQG server certificate, as noted in the release notes here:

On that same release date, version 8.1.1.4 came out and had the updated certificate along with other fixes per the release notes here:

I am not aware of any "end of life" plans for 8.0.28.0 at this time, though it does seem that bug fixes and performance improvements will only be added to 8.1 and the only updates put in place for 8.0 would potentially be certain required updates for adapters/certificates, if any were to arise. This could be comparable to the last several updates for NinjaTrader 7:

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - One of the primary concerns is really the connectivity, as you have mentioned. It does at least seem as if there may be some future support there if needed for users. But, I appreciate the clear answer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ageeholdings, Today, 07:43 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ageeholdings  
          Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post pibrew