Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

trades combining. how do i make that stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trades combining. how do i make that stop

I'm trading an ATM on NT8.. I am Long and have an ATM stop in place on the chart trader. I was up 24 ticks. I have another signal that made me buy again. It put a stop in place where the other stop was. How can I have two separate buy orders working without combining them on chart trader?

And, I'd like to be short on another entry signal. But, when I sell short it cancels out the buy. And, I'm not short. How can I go short without canceling out the buy order?

Hello SteveReiza,

Thank you for posting.

To have separate Stop Loss orders submitted you will want to use the following steps to change your ATM Strategy selection mode.
    • Right click in the Chart Trader panel->Properties
    • Choose "Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission" from the ATM Strategy selection mode dropdown window
    • Click Ok
    With this mode your positions will get their own stop loss and targets instead of being combined to an existing strategy.

If you are referring to having both a Long and Short position at the same time without cancelling each other out you would be required to use separate accounts for each position.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sweet, thanks!

Okay good to know. I'll set up another account for sell side strategies.

On automated strategies, will the buy side orders combine by default or will they stay separate? And, is it the same with the shorts, I'd need another account to have them not combine?

Comment

Is your automated strategy using an ATM Strategy to submit your Stop Loss and Profit Targets? Is this an automated strategy you created or a strategy you purchased from a 3rd party vendor. The ATM strategy selection mode will work with both Long and Short positions when scaling in.

Comment

Mixed, its on NT7. I'm using NT8 to chart trade and NT7 for the automated strategies. I had some of the code done by an ecosystem partner. I have a stepped stop loss. A profit target trigger, and new profit target. It uses a stop loss now element. Its something I can ask the Vendor.

Alright, sweet so I don't need to open another account for the shorts. I'll have to do one for the chart trader on NT8.

Comment

Yes I would suggest contacting the vendor directly to verify how the strategy was coded and if this will combine orders when scaling into a position. Correct the only time you will need to use separate accounts is if you wanted to have both a Long and Short position open at the same time.

Comment

Alrighty, I'll do that. Okay, sweet. Thank you for the info!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post AaronKoRn  
              Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post carnitron